Discuss What do I need exactly? (elec/ecs/cscs) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimonFisher

I have been offered a job in the family business as a trainee Electrician, I am 28 so no access to the apprentice funding and looking at my best options to become qualified.

From what i can tell I need a course like "City & Guilds 2357 Course / NVQ Diploma" which is like £7000, do I have other cheaper options as my employer can provide any practical experience?

Also I require an ECS or CSCS card to begin any of the current site work and confused which card I can get as all seem to require you to be studying something which I am currently not.

Any help would be most appreciated.

The ECS card is tailored to the electrical industry, although it takes longer to get - you have to wait a while for a date, then wait a month or so for the results, whereas you can get a CSCS card in a week or so.
You can get an 'operative' card with no other qualifications, which will get you on site.

I would get a CSCS general operative i got mine about five years ago and am about to renew it it will get you on site it's just to show that you have basic health and safety knowledge. Why make things harder when pretty much every building site excepts cscs now anyway to much bureaucracy in this country, quangos.

Reply to What do I need exactly? (elec/ecs/cscs) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

C
CTE Services are looking for a third year apprentice/newly qualified electrician to join the company. Based in Yaxley, CTE Services have multiple...
Replies
Views
CTE Services LTD
C
I’m stuck trying to get my ECS labourer card. I want to get one to help my chances of getting an electricians mate job. I have a CSCS card. I...
Replies
Views
having enrolled myself onto an electricians course at the end of jan, after deciding on a complete career change of baker/retail worker in the 25...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock