Discuss What's missing here? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkinlee

I was asked today by a customer in a block of flats to comment on a refusal by edf to deal with a fault on her meter because of an apparently dangerous condition in the distribution board for the block.

edf's comment on the 'Energisation refused' form is 'Phase barriers missing from Distribution Board'. I've had a look at the Distribution Board, but I'm not sure what might be missing. But then I don't often have to work on these, as it happens, so I wonder what I'm not noticing.

Pictures below (sorry for poor quality) - would be interested to know what else should be there on this distribution board. Thanks.

2013-02-06 08.31.52.jpg2013-02-06 08.32.39.jpg2013-02-06 08.32.10.jpg

That looks like an ISU (Industrial Supply Unit) as i know them and is the property of the DNO are you telling me the meter man closed the door on it without sealing it???

Also im more inclined to think the meter man was your basic domestic type and didn't have the correct gear to fit the meter as it either needed CT's with control fuses or retailing through trunking to meter...... ive had this and he tried fobbing me off until i rang his boss and they sent a different bloke.

From my recent experiences with EDF, they make up the rules as they go along, know sweet FA about anything and are just generally useless.

In a nutshell they are all as useless as each other, absolutely drive me crazy, smallest excuse and they make up some excuse not to do their job

only British gas electricians are worse

looks like you are missing the paxolene cover on the top of the board, probably kicking around at the bottom of the intake cupboard somwhere

- - - Updated - - -

From my recent experiences with EDF, they make up the rules as they go along, know sweet FA about anything and are just generally useless.

^^^ha you beat me to it!

The old Ryefield cabinets were always short when complying with I.P requirements and sufficient barriers. What you show in the pics certainly does not prevent finger access onto terminals. Normally those idiots at EDF require you to fit paxeline covering all the gaps. I have had to do this on countless occasions which is a pig to do.

As the others have saidI have also had to fit paxolin to these panels (some of which never came with the shields) to stop EDF chucking their toys out the pram.

Also make sure your customers fuse is labelled up, or they'll blow it out again for that.

In a nutshell they are all as useless as each other, absolutely drive me crazy, smallest excuse and they make up some excuse not to do their job

only British gas electricians are worse

loofks like you are missing the paxolene cover on the top of the board, probably kicking around at the bottom of the intake cupboard somwhere

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ha you beat me to it!

D'you know, I'm sick of people having a pop at BG electricians.
I've worked for em for 5 years now, not the place I'd ideally be right now but hey, I've got mouths to feed and bills to pay.
All the lads I work with have plenty of experience and are generally a good bunch.
Maybe a few bad uns slip thru the net but to tar us all with the same brush.....ffs.

Personally I don't see the problem, as the board will need a key or tool to access!
no unskilled person should ever access the board, and they're usually in a locked room!
what do you lads/ladies think?

Reply to What's missing here? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net