Discuss Which is the best FiT provider? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BillyH

As the title says, in the desperate situation we find ourselves in, is there a /best/worst fit provider to go with?Who would you recommend? I'm just trying to help my customers out as much as possible

We are telling our customers to use British gas.
Fill in the form and email it back to them, you will get an automated email confirming receipt of application within minutes.
Then we advise the customers to give them a call 10 mins later to confirm receipt of FIT form.

Job Done.

Its a simple form too, doesn't ask for Mpan ( which customer always ask what it is), or if the meter is gong backwards :p

If anyone had problems with British Gas Please say.

You can choose to go to any FIT provider, if they will accept you that is, unless you have an export meter, in which case you have to have the same FIT provider as supplier.
I personally recommend Good Energy, based in Chippenham, They are open this Sat and Sun for you to hand deliver your FIT forms, they check them through and give you a receipt.
Hope this helps.
Earthstore Energy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there you go, it sounds like they are all fantastic..
The sad truth is, we will only know after the 12th which companies start bouncing FIT form back because of errors.
If you are sending in the post or emailing, be 100% certain that everything is correct.
I recommended Good Energy because if you take your forms to the office, it gets checked to make sure it is correct, then they write you a receipt.
Earthstore.

Looking from the other side of the fence - being a customer - I am far from happy with British Gas on an ongoing basis. Primarily because of their delays in paying the FIT. I send in my reading by email at the beginning of a new quarter. It can be up to 7 days before they acknowledge it and up to a further 28 days before they send me the CHEQUE!!! This is just a cashflow delaying tactic - if they can take my monthly gas and electric payments by BACS then they can pay in my FIT payment to my account by BACS.

Rant over.

Anyone know a FIT payer who is better than this?

If you are sending in the post or emailing, be 100% certain that everything is correct.
I recommended Good Energy because if you take your forms to the office, it gets checked to make sure it is correct, then they write you a receipt.
Earthstore.

Good advise.
Swalec were the same. I hand delivered, then as we checked we noticed the missing meter digit.
I would say go to whoever is nearest, Good Energy in Chippenham, Swalec in Cardiff or whoever has their office closest.
There's a lot of money riding on it.

I am only talking about the Cardiff SSE office with my recommendation. The others around the UK may be a lot worse??

I can't comment on paying times with Swalec as I've yet to have my first quarter.

Last edited:
when doing your fit application, what else do you have to provide

Idendity
Schematic
PV test report
AC test Cert

any of them above or just read the FIT application carefully and its all there.??

Thanks
Grand

Not very long ago I rang each utility to see if they would accept fit applications from non customers (apart from Good Energy) the only one who would take non-customers was Eon and they stopped taking applications from non customers over a week ago.

If this is still the case then sending an application for example to British Gas for a customer who has their energy from another supplier is going to be a problem. Just because they have confirmed receipt doesn't make it a valid application.

I'd suggest everyone send to their current supplier to be on the safe side, we've advised all of our customers to do this even though some are notoriously slow at paying out fit payments.

Looking from the other side of the fence - being a customer - I am far from happy with British Gas on an ongoing basis. Primarily because of their delays in paying the FIT. I send in my reading by email at the beginning of a new quarter. It can be up to 7 days before they acknowledge it and up to a further 28 days before they send me the CHEQUE!!! This is just a cashflow delaying tactic - if they can take my monthly gas and electric payments by BACS then they can pay in my FIT payment to my account by BACS.

Rant over.

Anyone know a FIT payer who is better than this?

Eon are supposed to be marginally better but British Gas are one of the best. Be thankful you're not with EDF. I received my last payment the day before the next meter reading was due!

Just been on the phone to British gas, They said you don't have to be a customer of British gas to claim the feed in tariff from them (just send in a form of id), I ask about the FIT rate, and they confirmed if received then will the on the higher tariff, even if there is an error...we shall see

Not very long ago I rang each utility to see if they would accept fit applications from non customers (apart from Good Energy) the only one who would take non-customers was Eon and they stopped taking applications from non customers over a week ago.

I'm not a Swalec customer, I buy from EDF. Swalec were more than happy to take me on. This was around November 10th though when I signed up, so maybe things have changed?

Reply to Which is the best FiT provider? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net