Discuss Wiring of Talento 211 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Raphael

DIY
Reaction score
My problem is that my Talento 111 time switch has stopped functioning. It seems the Talento 111 is no longer available but the 211 is so I bought one only to find that the connections are not the same as for the 111. I need help with the correct wiring for the 211. I attach pics of both

Attachments

• E1B2289F-E87E-4842-845A-9AF746893A1D.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 5
  • EF27C05B-2ADA-4007-BC40-1145955601CF.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 5
I can see no difference between the two pics, right down to the time on the clocks.

You are right, apologies. I attached the same pic twice (eye test tomorrow, coincidentally).
Having another go. Just wanting to know which wires go where in the Talento 211 compared to the 111.

Attachments

• 12D42DF2-DBEB-49A2-8726-E2372869F7F3.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 5
  • D68FF0EE-03E1-4F51-958C-0B5A05FE1FE4.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 5
1 and 2 on the old are N and L respectively.
3 on the old is 2 on the new.
4 on the old probably goes to 1 on the new, but I can't say for sure, as there appears to be something pink (a finger?) obscuring where I'd expect the diagram to be.

1 and 2 on the old are N and L respectively.
3 on the old is 2 on the new.
4 on the old probably goes to 1 on the new, but I can't say for sure, as there appears to be something pink (a finger?) obscuring where I'd expect the diagram to be.
Thanks very much for that, Brian, it really helps me get this switch installed. I’m sorry that the photo wasn’t as clear as it needed to be. I’ll take a couple more shots of the old switch tomorrow in the hope that you can definitively tell me where 4 goes on the new switch because I don’t want to risk damaging with an incorrect connection it since it was a pricey bit of kit.

If you put the old 4 into the wrong one of the two places it can go, all that will happen is whatever this controls will be on when it should be off, and off when it should be on.

If you put the old 4 into the wrong one of the two places it can go, all that will happen is whatever this controls will be on when it should be off, and off when it should be on.
Thanks again. Good to know I won’t blow it up. Trial and error should get me going again. Great forum this. How did we manage before the internet!

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Wiring of Talento 211 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net