Discuss Wiring under skirting board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

One word here...... four hundred and fifty (OK, that's 4....)

I have only come across sockets in skirting board on older properties with that really tall skirting boards

Thanks for all your replies. The floor was being installed the next day and he could have easily cut through the chipboard under the carpet. I also specifically said under the floor and had him come the day before the floor was installed. The outlet is not on the skirting board. I had another few days of work for him but I'm not going to use him anymore.

The good news is that since a wardrobe is being installed in this corner I can simply not put the skirting board back up for two of the three walls so it's clearly visible. The fused spur should keep tradesmen reasonably safe but I'm pretty upset as I wanted to do things properly.

Does a 1G or 2G blanking plate create a safe zone?
Does it have to have wiring or even a box behind it?
It needs to be obvious to other people that it would be a zone, so any socket, switch, spur, blanking plate as a reference.

Behind a skirting board is against regs.
There’s no way a kitchen fitter, for example would expect to find cables there and attack the skirting with a multi tool or something.

There is no reason not to go under the floor if it’s an easy board lift

I often created safe zones by installing a wired socket. Not to sure about a blank plate on its own. In practice would work but strictly speaking does, nt qualify in my view

I agree. Anyone looking behind the cover plate would see no cables and probably not realise it was there to indicate a zone.

I'm not an electrician, but it's essential to ensure that electrical work is done safely and meets the necessary regulations. While I can't provide a definitive answer, it's a good idea to consult a qualified electrician or local authorities to determine whether the wiring behind the skirting board complies with safety codes.

I'm not an electrician, but it's essential to ensure that electrical work is done safely and meets the necessary regulations. While I can't provide a definitive answer, it's a good idea to consult a qualified electrician or local authorities to determine whether the wiring behind the skirting board complies with safety codes.

AI generated?

Reply to Wiring under skirting board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net