Discuss 0.27 of insulation reading in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KillerKlown

Hi, I've just tested an old labeller. We've had it for about 7 years and it was reconditioned when we got it. It's wired into a 3 pin blue round plug. Class one as it has an eatrh lead. I done the PAT test on it, Earth came in at 0.17, which I passed, and I may not of had the best connection with probe and the lead is rather long. However, I dont the insulation test, and it came in at 0.27 Most I do come up at 200, a few have been 72 or 121, but still with in the pass limits. This one coming in at 0.27 obviously comes up as fail. What can I do to try and sort it out? Any help would be gratefully recieved.

P.S I tested as a class 2 and insulation comes in at 200.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your tester is capable of earth leakage testing, either a protective conductor (touch) current or substitute/alternative leakage test as appropriate to your tester, it will confirm (or not) high leakage/insulation breakdown. Further testing and diagnosis is beyond PAT testing.

Your continuity test at 0.17ohm, is OK but only if you have deducted the resistance of the appliance flex, and then get a reading of 0.1ohm for the appliance.

IR test at 0.27 meg, put a red label on it, take it out of service. Job Done

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I'll test tomorrow with my bigger pat tester that does leakage tests. If still no good them red sticker time. Thanks again

Reply to 0.27 of insulation reading in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, We have a limited in house PAT testing requirement and were advised that the TIS700 fitted our needs. The unit works fine for 110V and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
Performing the PAT inspection on some science equipment and I have found some items that were passed by the previous company that performed it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently learning and have come across PAT testing an old chandelier. On modern lamps I would use the plug and probe on the...
Replies
Views
Slightly strange one this, replaced a few socket fronts in a dining room today, all wiring original but new plasterboard on a studded wall. Its a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock