Discuss 0800 numbers a waste of money in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What do you guys think of 0800 numbers , i personally think they are like throwing money down the drain, My opinion is that if anyone is to tight to worry about the cost of the call then maybe they will want the job done cheap as well.

Most people who call me have mobile phones , and 0800 numbers are not free from mobiles. so whats the point.

all comments welcome

What do you guys think of 0800 numbers , i personally think they are like throwing money down the drain, My opinion is that if anyone is to tight to worry about the cost of the call then maybe they will want the job done cheap as well.

Most people who call me have mobile phones , and 0800 numbers are not free from mobiles. so whats the point.

all comments welcome
i bought one last year and as soon as i started advertising it the calls started drying up. most people i asked said they thought 0800 numbers were for larger companies not small companies like mine so i dont advertise it anymore :(

Done a lot of research into this one myself. If someone has a list of 6 electricians to ring and one is a freephone who gets the first call.

The claims are calls increase by around 300%. (probably sales talk).

You could also have the benefit of someone thinking you are to far away because of dialling code and dont ring you at all. At least with a non georaphical number you decide if you want to go that far.

Hope that helps

Chris

I have mobile so they can get me between 6am and 9pm and landline to leave a message during the day, the ones that leave a message are the elderly that wont ring mobiles .

But my point is , that most people have mobiles and they cant ring 0800 numbers for free ,,

I have mobile so they can get me between 6am and 9pm and landline to leave a message during the day, the ones that leave a message are the elderly that wont ring mobiles .

But my point is , that most people have mobiles and they cant ring 0800 numbers for free ,,

Spot on, know one bothers with 0800's unless your the last chance pony. Most of my customers search through local number listings, including myself.

Totally agreeing with flukey here, a lot of the time when people see an 0800 number they think 'national' and by proxy then think 'expensive'. A local landline is essential but 0800s, 0845s, 0870s are a complete waste of money.

i got a 0800 number and im looking to RID / Not advertise it any more!! im looking to obtain a 0191 number very shortly and pair the 2 together for a period, new business cards i get are having 0191 number printed, saying that i pay about 2 quid a month for my 0800 so may just keep it as well..!

all calls of mine divert to my BT home hub second line so to keep personal and business apart..!!

Snap, I use my home hub digital line for the business, which is normally diverted straight to the mobile when I'm out so no matter what the customer rings they'll get through to the moby. Divert feature on home hub is free, but still have to pay for the part of the call that is diverted to mobile, which gets a bit of a pain with cold callers and service magic 123 calling me 800 times a day cos each call costing me money. Luckily number blocking is free with home hub as well.

Can you tell I used to work for BT?

Reply to 0800 numbers a waste of money in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net