Discuss 2 Weeks here........... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As I promised I would try and post things on here in the hope it might help some of the lads that perhaps don't do larger jobs

Below is another of my builds here. This one is different from the first in that it is a metal framed prefab made of external sandwich panels The left is the steel work going up, the right is this morning 2 weeks later!

Stelelwork.jpgCladded.jpg

Because it is steel framed I have slighlty different earthing issues as I need to bond the frame. The left hand picture is the Bond for the building.
I sized originally a 50mm but we literally had 70mm on the "van" so I used that. The middle picture is entry back into the building from my earth pits, Eventually it will be a manhole and the lightning/functional earth/bonding will all come back into the building and then onto the MET.
The right hand picture is one side of the building that is being compacted and where I will put 3 pits and rods.

Earth point.jpgEntry.jpgEarthing Run.jpg

These final 2 pictures are going to be too large ops rooms. Originally I designed a floating floor and using power trunking, because I wanted the flexibility of moving desks etc around. Unfortunately out here there is a 16-18 week lead time for power trunking, and the occupancy is scheduled for January. So we have had to go back to floor boxes for power/data and we are using DADO trunking for the wall mounts

Ops.jpgplan.jpg

I'll try and take more pictures as the build progresses

As promised will try and post various stages of the install.

We have now started to do the hangers for the containment. Picture on the right is looking down the corridor. The length is 42 metres. The left one shows the entrance of the building, the technical room will be at the back. So the left is the end of the run with a lonely 4 x 4 piece of trunking there. We are going to run the first 20mts in 6 x 6 and the last 22 in 4 x 4

Trunking on hangers.jpgHangers.jpg

The one below is the pull boxes that will connect with the trunking. Again we will use ally flexible conduit to join with the trunking.

The 2 conduits marked with masking tape are power conduits. That tape is denoting the panel and circuit. So it is MDPL/R2-6, we still use red yellow blue here. These bits of tape will be removed and a proper label will be fitted just because for no other reason as that is what I want lol

Conduit runs.jpg

I've added the bottom one simply because I wanted to show one way of omitting RCD protection. The drop is a light switch and controller for dimmable HF flourescent 60 x 60 modules. I was a little concerned with using RCBO protection on these, so achieved the non rcd rule by burying the conduits below 50mm

No RCD .jpg

PS......................don't look at the site lighting...................you sometimes just have to let things ride over here

Last edited:
Carry on with this building

DADO(1).jpgDADO (2).jpgDADO (3).jpg

We are now virtually finished inside just a few odds and sods. We have run the DATA and power in DADO, which is quite a new thing for my lads, so they had made quite a decent fist of it, after a couple of attempts.

DADO Join.jpg

Here is the joining section to capture the tray, again I think they did a decent job

And all we have to do now then is sort this lot out, once the external plant room is built

Cable.jpg

its a good idea to stop the tray short, that will be a ****** to pull off now.

in all the hospital jobs ive seen then float copex off the basket/tray/trunking into the dado.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2 Weeks here........... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net