Discuss 2391 practical and written exams only!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dazzol2009

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any training centre's that except external students to sit the 2391 exams only, I have a fairly decent level of testing, but because of working shifts and very little time off, as well as short of money, the full course is a no go, I am based in the Worcestershire, realy struggling to find anywhere that will do just this, local college say I have to do the whole course, seems madness, if anyone can help that would be great.

have u done the course before and past one part ie the practical part and just want to resit the writen as this is a two part exam and need both parts to gain qualification

To be honest I took and passed the exam in 1998, and been working in maintenance ever since, because of my situation I mentioned in the thread, it's almost impossible to take the course or take time off, what I can do is sit and study at home, to get myself back up to standard and take the exam, and pay a fraction of the cost, hence testing my ability is up to date, especially when I am trying to get back into the domestic market.

To be honest I took and passed the exam in 1998, and been working in maintenance ever since, because of my situation I mentioned in the thread, it's almost impossible to take the course or take time off, what I can do is sit and study at home, to get myself back up to standard and take the exam, and pay a fraction of the cost, hence testing my ability is up to date, especially when I am trying to get back into the domestic market.

as youve already passed have you thought of getting one of those disks off ebay going through it if youve got your 17th ed it only a matter of being confident ur up to date and i dont see the point in doing the exam again you said youve done lots of testing so you wouldnt gain much your best bet is get new gudance note 3 book probably book 1 go through some newer exam papers and your there

just a thought to save some money , link to ebay item dont know if its anygood though dont blame me if it isnt BS2391 BS 2391 17TH ED UPDATE 2391 LEARN HOW TO on eBay (end time 08-Oct-09 23:39:12 BST)

I have both the ebay and the domlec package, just once I was ready just wanted to test myself, my decision was also talking to someone I know in a high position in a electrical contract company, if I went for a job with one of them, it could come down to who has past the exams most recent, probably not everyone's veiw, but his.

Surely most companys would look at who did the exam 5-10+ years ago rather than someone who did it withing the last 6months?

Obviously if your not clued up on the regs than go for the 17th

Thanks guys, you all give good advice, it would save me a few bob, I don't like spending money for nothing, and I do rate my ability, almost 100% in my 2382 proved that, there was no guess work for me.

Just came off the phone to City and Guilds and Nic, they have told me that anyone gaining the 2391 before 2001, would be advised to upgrade to the new version of the exam, there is more of scope now than there ever was, the exam was updated last year as well, I can understand that as far as if you can just get an exam, but I wouldn't pay out the £600.
More company's are asking for the exam that was taken within the last 5 years, not 10 or 15, there maybe people out there who are more switched on than the guys who are taking it now, the last thing you want is to go for a job, and the only reason for you not getting is you have not got the up to date quals, especially if you are trying to get registered with NIC or similar, surely if you pass the up to date exam you will sale through the assesment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2391 practical and written exams only!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net