Discuss 2395 practical assessment inspection schedule help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hogshaw

Hello everyone I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on a few of the inspections on the Electrical Installation Condition Report.

can somebody explain the following few querys and what it is they are looking to no.

4.4 condition of enclosures in terms of fire rating etc

is this a metal clad distribution board etc??

4.17 - protection against electromagnetic effects where cables enter consumer unit/distribution board/enclosures

is this looking to no say if I had a 3 phase system is all lines going through the same bush hole ??

5.9 - wiring systems appropriate for the type and nature of the installation and external influences

does external influences only relate to equipment that is Installed outside??

many thanks

With reference too item 4.17, not just 3 phase cables, but single-phase, I have seen installations where PVC single line conductor where installed in one 25 mm coupler to a metal clad Distribution board and neutrals in the other 25 mm coupler, I have also come across similar problem with single core MICC cable installed into a distribution board, both single-phase and Three-phase with no slots cut in brass plate, the brass was so hot a sparks received burns to his finger, it all cases the magnetic field around conductors produced eddy circulating current in the metal coupler, brass plate and steel Dis-boards

Item 5.9 it relates to all type of installation, lots of commercial/industrial installation now require LSF or halogen free cable and conductor, I worked in flameproof, chemical installation that specified seamless galvanized conduit, what type of wiring would you install in a boiler house or a refrigerated food factory, car repair garage, sauna in a house, swimming pool etc, we need to consider appendix 5 of BS 7671 2008 (2012) it could be ambient, fauna, vibration, solar, mechanical damage, we also need to consider type of building and usage.

I don't know how old this thread is but.

You are looking too deep. You will not have any defects nor be expected to identify any on this assessment, so you will tick all the boxes on the EICR inspection sheet, with the exception of those that you find fault with during the assessment. You will come across 2 faults during the test from a choice of 7 at the assessors discretion. You will record your finding, and code it, and state if further investigation is required. Practical Task B is for visual defects, you will get some photos to look at.

Cheers..............Howard

Reply to 2395 practical assessment inspection schedule help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net