Discuss 3000 items in a day?? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

john1975

Hi

We recently had a electrical testing firm in to do some PAT testing in the offices we manage over two Saturdays. The first week there was 5 guys and they done about 2 - 2.5k in a day roughly 6 or 7 hours. The following saturday we had 6 of them in and they done about a further 3k. When I asked them how they are able to do so many in a day one of the guys said it because they use pre printed lables and use the europa plus which does all the tests automatically. Alos they work in teams of two one will label and visually check everythign while the other tests everything. Is this possibel as most people say they would struggle to do 200 a day??

1000 items between 2 people, even with the labels pre-printed, sounds like a tall order. From what I've heard the Europa gets a bit hot and cuts out if you use it at the rate they reckon they've had it going at.
You can't really do the tests at the same time as someone is taking the plug apart to inspect it either.

One way to check...If they are using the Europa then they will have the software that goes with it - ask them for the overall print out of the appliances, if all of them are logged and on the print out then they would have tested them all....

One way to check...If they are using the Europa then they will have the software that goes with it - ask them for the overall print out of the appliances, if all of them are logged and on the print out then they would have tested them all....

I've never done PAT testing but this sounds like good advice to me.

My all time record was 300 in a long day, with prepared labels, in hotel rooms.
One room to the next, items exactly the same, with a 'smidge' of testing! :)
Anything >300 is definitely just stickering

My all time record was 300 in a long day, with prepared labels, in hotel rooms.
One room to the next, items exactly the same, with a 'smidge' of testing! :)
Anything >300 is definitely just stickering

well , well , well........
the almighty instr. tech. reveals hes sunk as low as pat testing in his illustrious career.
and you sure youre qualified to hold that broom handle ?
;-)

As a Yorkshire man, I've already sold my soul living in Manchester (somewhere near Lancashire apparently), so a bit of PAT brings in a bit of cash....I've got no shame! :)

5 minute an item 20 an hour 160 in 8 hours but no breaks even for a Pee plus tester get red hot mmmmmmmmmmmm I dont think

ok you got 2 testers and who is logging Make,Model,Class,Fuse size , Location

There is a saying "That if it seems too good to be true then it is too good to be true" this seems to be the case with these pie in the sky claims that these PAT testing companies make in regard to FULLY inspecting, testing and documenting hundreds and now thousands of appliances per day
These companies claim the ability to do the impossible which sooner or later will inevitably end in a fatal incident occurring that will blow this whole numbers scam apart

The HSE has a lot to answer for in that it brought in In Service Equipment Inspection and Testing but gives little or no guidance as to what documentation a duty holder who places an order for PAT testing should expect to receive on completion of the work, with most of these quick testers not collecting specific appliance details it would be impossible for them to provide a comprehensive report

Deary Dear what next a £60 EICR

I was expected to do a Periodic on a huge 4 storey bank, overnight, after having done a full days work once.
Rang them up, NO CHANCE!, need more men on this, and went home.
Two weeks later, sent to the same job (on my own)....think I resigned shortly after.

All for about £15/h.

Reply to 3000 items in a day?? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net