Discuss 302 Passed exam paper can you help with answers to these questions in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mube

1. Sketch the appropriate BS EN 60617 locationsymbol
    i) Switched socket outlet
    ii) Lighting outlet
    iii) Distribution Board
    iv) Two way switched

2. Explain by the aid of two diagrams thedifference between a fused switch and switched fuse

3. List the test instruments to be used and typicalmeasurement range for each of the tes

1. Continuity of protective conductor for ringfinal circuit
  2. Insulation resistance test at distribution board
  3. Polarity test on lighting circuit
4. A 3kw, 230v immersion heater is supplied by 15mof multicore 70
tgECAwECAwECAwECAwECAwECAwECAwQNEJQQCDgCoGGw5hJlRQA7
c thermoplastic, flatprofile cable clipped direct to the surface protection is by BS EN 60898 type Ccircuit breaker , ambient temperature is 30
tgECAwECAwECAwECAwECAwECAwECAwQNEJQQCDgCoGGw5hJlRQA7
c , Determine

1. Load current
  2. Rating of protective device
  3. Minimum cable rating
  4. Minimum cable size
  5. Maximum permitted voltage drop
  6. Actual voltage drop
5. State an appropriate support /fixing method for each ofthe following type of installations

1. Lighting trunking to be supported from steelroof trusses
  2. Multiple run of mineral insulated cables along a brick wall
  3. Multiple communication and data cablesalong corridors

6. State one type of individual testinstrument used for electricalinstallation testing which will providereadings in each of the following unit

1. Megohm
  2. Milli-seconds
  3. Ohms
  4. KA
7. Identify three factors which will result in aperiodic inspection being required

8. Explain with the aid of a diagram how to carryout an earth loop impedance test on a single phase socket outlet forming part of a TN-C-S system supplied at230 v , the diagram should include the test instrument and show the completeearth fault path using arrow

9. The loop values achieved for step 1 of a ring final circuit test are

1. L to L = 0.8 ohm
  2. N to N= 0.8 ohm
  3. Cpc to cpc = 1.3 ohm

1. Calculate the values expected when testing at all outlets for step 2 andstep 3 of the test
  2. State why the CPC loop reading is higher thanthat of the live conductors

A) List inthe correct sequence the three test to be carried out on a newly completedlighting circuit

B)State the three test current used toconfirm the compliance of a 30 mA RCD protecting equipment located outdoors

11. At the completion of an electrical installation,it is inspected and tested state the

1. Necessary paperwork to be completed and handedto the customer/client
  2. Responsibility of the electrical contractor withregard to periodic inspections
  3. Certification which must be completed by theelectrical contractor who at a later date carries out minor additions oralterations to the installation

Have you made any attempt to answer these questions?
If so then if you post your ideas of where you are going with these answers then guidance on the accuracy of your response can be given.

homework. do it after you've watched teletubbies then post your efforts.

Reply to 302 Passed exam paper can you help with answers to these questions in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net