Discuss 5 Bedroom house quote in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welshsparky

KITCHEN

9 x Double Sockets
3 x Fused Spurs
6 x spot lights ( Same fittings to be used)
Cooker supply With Switched socket
Extractor Fan Spur
Alarm Feed
2 way switching for lights
All Under unit lights , also on 2 way switching

HALLWAY

3 X Double sockets
BT Extension to upstairs
3 way switching to wall lights
Outside Light ( Front Door)

LOUNGE

7 x double sockets
3 x wall lights on 2 way switching
Fire place light with switching

DINING ROOM

3 x double sockets
3 x wall lights with switching

UTILITY

3 x double sockets
Fused spur for washing machine
3 gang switch supplying 2 x centre lights / 2 way upstairs and outside light
Boiler supply

TOILET

Light and pull switch

STUDY

5 X Double sockets
2 x lights with switching

LANDING

2 x 2 way switching to lights
1 x double socket

BATHROOM

Remove towel rail
Fan and Fan isolator switch
Light with pull switch
wall Light
Shaver light

SMALL BEDROOM

3 x double sockets
2 wall lights with switching

BATHROOM 2

Electric shower and pull switch
Wall Light and pull switch
Immersion Feed
Window Fan with fan isolator
Shaver light

WALK THROUGH ROOM

1 x double socket
2 x ceiling lights with 2 way switching

MASTER BEDROOM

4 x Double Sockets
1 x Wall light switched near door
2 x bed wall lights on dimmer switches

TOP FLOOR BEDROOM

Light with switching
3 x double sockets

SPARE ROOM

Light with switching
3 x double sockets

LANDING

2 x lights with switching
1 x double socket

STORAGE ROOM

4 x double sockets
2 x lights with separate switching

4 smokes and a heat, All bonding to Pipework, And a 16 way dual rcd board fitted

The house is very old with thick walls, and no obvios route for any cables!

Ive quoted £5295

Is this price ok?

Id love to get the job, And dont want to scare them off!

Seriously you have not said if it is flush or surface and many other factors. Not least what the work situation is like around your area, so you may have 10 people quoting.

All Chased in, Customers are going away but their will be some furniture to mess about with, The house is 2 storey, With the highest level having 2 bedrooms and a Study, The job is in Cambridge

All Chased in, Customers are going away but their will be some furniture to mess about with, The house is 2 storey, With the highest level having 2 bedrooms and a Study, The job is in Cambridge

Are you re plastering? is it just to rough coat or finish coat? Because if you do it to finish coat it is a lot of work and if you are not good at it the customer will not be happy!

You are not going to make a fortune but you should not lose. But it is the same old story depending on how long you take, you could be on £25, £20, £15, £10 per hour or even less if it goes ---- up!

Welcome to the world of self employment, some you win some you lose!

To be honest I think it’s unfair to ask in an open forum “what would you charge”.

Each of you has your overheads, your margins on fixtures and fittings, all situations are different. If I was to ask “give me a price for….” You would all come back with a different quote, different terms and conditions, etc.

It also gives a prospective client a leaver, “so and so on the electricians forum said”.

I’ve retired from electrical work now, so I’m very tempted to start a thread “Please quote for….”
All replies to be by PM only with no collusion behind the scenes on you part. (On your honour, I can’t check. I’ll have to trust you (I must be a bloody idiot)).

Anyone game for it if I draw up a spec, it will be vague, as you would get from Mrs Smith when she asks you for a price. I will promise not to move the goal posts during the period of tender. The quotes have to be based on realistic figures, subject to final testing and certification.

The thing that bothers me is how do I announce the winner?

Get a price you are happy with, taking into account materials and estimate your time as best you can.

If you get the job, detail all materials, and try and get a detailed time report. E.g. time spent tracking downstairs sockets, time spent wiring lights, time lost due to wholesalers, time spent on paperwork, chasing paymets etc etc. That way for the next one, you will be better prepared for it. It's a learning curve when first going out on your own, and if you can get something to look at with regards to previous jobs then it all helps to prepare quotes more in the future.

Seems like a fair price to me. I recently quoted 2300 plus parts for a 3 bed rewire (would have come out at about 2900) and lost out to someone 300 cheaper! I just think you have to really sell yourself and keep to a price, as someone already mentioned someone will always do it cheaper.

Done quite a few rewires in the older Cambridge properties, I would be very slightly more, last one like that was £5800.00 this time last year.

A14 is HELL!!!!!

If travelling allow for many hours sat stationary, there are several cheap B+B in the Victoria road area

Also the older properties in Cambridge are a nightmare to cut boxes in, cant remember what that yellow brick is called but go anywhere near it with a hammer drill and it blows both courses of bricks out!!!!!

The other thing with Cambridge is the traffic, we have allways found it far more profitable to work 10AM til 6PM as you gain nearly an hour in saved travel time.

Watch the parking as the coppers are really hot on parking in cycle lanes and on verges.

My only advice would be, if you don't get it ask what quote won the bid and what they will be doing for that price. The owners can only say 'Bog off' (sorry it's Cambridge 'We're not abliged to give that information')

Reply to 5 Bedroom house quote in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net