Discuss 6mm Brown/ Grey DC cable in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Where is the best place to buy brown/ Grey DC cable? 6mm need about 400M of each
I suppose any good cable stockist. If you want, I can give you contact details for the one we use for tri-rated.

But what's the significance of it being DC? As far as I can recall we have not used any cable specifically rated for DC.

Last place I had brown from was Tlc but never had any luck with grey. I've spoken to prysmian recently regarding colour variations in all sizes of dc solar cable up to 35mm but they won't do for less than 50,000m drums

if this is LV on tray, it needs sheathed cable anyway. would help if you said what it was to be used for.

if this is LV on tray, it needs sheathed cable anyway. would help if you said what it was to be used for.
it's in the solar forum, so chances are it'd be for running the DC down from the panels in singles using insulated and sheathed (more often referred to rightly or wrongly as double insulated) 6mm2 cable with UV resistance and high temperature ratings.... or he could just abbreviate that to dc cable and any solar installers would know what he meant.

to the OP, nope sorry, we just use black and mark up the ends.

I'm coming round to the idea of actually using different coloured cables now, on big jobs it'd save a lot of time marking up, and we tend to run both cables at a time anyway.

We stock 4mm2 in brown and grey but happy to bring some 6mm2 in if there's an interest. Starting to see more and more installers switching over from black, in compliance with colours listed under BS 7671 for DC, as pointed to in the 3rd edition PV guide. Marking up/labelling works too but there's no price difference compared to black

we've stuck with black and marking up on the 'why take 2 heavy reels of cable up onto the roof when you can just take one' principle.

Reply to 6mm Brown/ Grey DC cable in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net