Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Aico smoke detector wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just about to start pulling in the cables for my smile detectors, however I dint have the detectors yet. Is there enough room in the terminals to terminate a supply feed in and then loop out to the next detector or is a junction box required to house the feed and a supply taken from every J/B?

Ian1981

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used to put a round dry line box behind Aico alarms, otherwise the wires were exposed from the sheathing, if you get my drift.
They are not exposed, there’s a cover over the cables, there’s no cables exposed once the smoke head is removed.
I think you’re thinking of the wrong manufacturer

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They are not exposed, there’s a cover over the cables, there’s no cables exposed once the smoke head is removed.
think hemeant where the cables enter from the back. you need to keep the sheath stripped part quite short.

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Loads of room! My house is smaller than that!
Oh, wait...maybe that's not to scale? :)

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
me neither, but you need to strip back no more than 1" of sheath. or it's difficult to get the cover on. that's probably why i find a few knocking around the bottom of my toolbelt. :)

Ian1981

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
me neither, but you need to strip back no more than 1" of sheath. or it's difficult to get the cover on. that's probably why i find a few knocking around the bottom of my toolbelt. :)
Best smokes on the market in my opinion.
They’ve never seemed to have changed much over the years.

Reply to Aico smoke detector wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.