Discuss another college assignment help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davedwr1978

Hiya any one have an idea how much it would cost for labour to wire a 3 bedroom house detached, I got to submit a pretend tender for a college assignement, I've worked out all materials I need but not sure how I'd work out labour time and cost, can anyone help please

What is the size of the house, how many circuits, what its the installation method, how many lighting points and sockets etc. etc. ?

depends first if it's empty or occupied. if empty, i reckon 2 men ( spark and a mate ) should do it in a week. occupied, could take twice as long.

Is it occupied or will it be empty?

Once you answered those questions give us what time scale you think it will take. You will only learn if you have a go yourself first then learn from where you went wrong.

There is no right or wrong answer to this.
You will have to decide how long the work is likely to take.
Whether you will add a bit of extra time for unforseen circumstances.
Will you be employing someone else to do the work or doing it on your own?
If you decide to employ someone to do the work, or to help you, how much will you pay them, and how much will you charge for them?
You might decide that the work will take three days, for two people.
Yourself and perhaps an Apprentice or a mate.
You may decide to charge a day rate for yourself of £150, and a day rate for the mate of £100.
So that would be three days at £250, a total of £750.
You may decide to employ two mates for two days and then just attend yourself on the last day to do final fixing.
That would be £200 for the first two days and then perhaps £350 for the last day, again a total of £750.

Hi it's got a dinning room, lounge, hall way, garage, utility room, kitchen,3 bedrooms (1 on suite ) another upstairs bathroom, and a landing it's around.
Circuits are downstairs lights ,downstairs sockets, garage ( own box in garage), kitchen sockets , kitchen lights, utility room.
Upstairs lights, upstairs sockets, 2 showers, bathroom and hall way. ???

if it's new build, then there will be no ceilings so no floorboards to lift and put back. so.....2 men, 1 day first fix, 2 days 2nd fix, 1 day test and commission. IMO.

Hiya any one have an idea how much it would cost for labour to wire a 3 bedroom house detached, I got to submit a pretend tender for a college assignement, I've worked out all materials I need but not sure how I'd work out labour time and cost, can anyone help please
Well, start by asking yourself in this scenario in C&G homework land, what you would like to be paid with.....my preference in this instance would be either goats or virgins..the former are good to eat and the later are also good to eat... then multiply this by some vague hourly rate depending on how many virgins you get up front......bobs your uncles sister you're there 42 virgins per week there abouts..............Just make it up, think of the circuits and how long it will take you..there arent many wrong answers you could give apart from £1000 in 3 days with me mate cos we're house bashers init and super fast with very small ................

Is there any conduit and chasing required or just capping and if chasing will it be dense concrete block or thermalite? Any data cables or lutron type sytems? Air conditioning and/or underfloor heating?

Last edited:

Reply to another college assignment help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net