CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Another Garage supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry to drone on about similar topics but every seems to be out to test me at the moment! I have another garage to wire, but this time attacheed to the house. What i would usually do is add an rcbo, or split the tails and have another RCD board in the garage, but for many boring reasons can't do that here.

So was thinking of RCD spuring of the upstairs ring into the garage. Thats fine for the sockets but what do you guys do with the lights?? Do you spur again?? I was always under the impression you can't spur a spur??

And if you do spur the lights, can you have an unswitched spur, which then goes onto a 2 gang switch?? Since the customer wants a 2 way switch at each end of garage and a swich for an outside pir light. I only as cos I c most have a switched spur as the lights, but is there anything against doing it the method above?

Many thanks!!!

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
A

assured elec

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What you are suggesting is fine , you cant spur off an unprotected spur -
ie you cant spur a skt of the ring then another one off that , but you can run a 13 a fuse spare off the ring , then run a few skts and lighting off that (spur down 5a for lighting)

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YTSOxford

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That makes sense; cheers for clearing that up, thanks!

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Another Garage supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom