• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Anyone here gets regular jobs using Myhammer.co.uk in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saabuldin

I just heard about this website where customers put a post of what they need doing and tradesmen can register and give quotes online. Customer chooses best quote to do the job. Its all official. Mobile number verification. Address verification.

Monthly fee is about £10 monthly for up to £250 quote and about £15 monthly for no limit quotes. I think theres a pecentage of the quote which website takes as well if you get the job.

Anyone here gets jobs using this website and what do you think of this service.

Last edited by a moderator:

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
before anybody else gets in.... DON'T TOUCH EM WITH A BARGE POLE.

simpson93

Regular EF Member
there have been threads about myhammer website before, comeing to the conclusion that it is a site that encourages cowboys.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
My hammer is not a service, it's a total rip off, cowboy, foreign, bloodsucking, oh, hell, i've run out of things to say without swearing.

tony mc

Electrician's Arms
I think the last thread on this had a guy bidding for a re wire and his qualifications were in woodworking or something like that.

S

saabuldin

not so good then. Im sure there are proffesionals on there as well. If you get jobs and do your work propperly then is there harm. Or is that IF you get a job.

D

Danielwareham

What about alternatives to my hammer? Is rated people any better?

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
rated people is ok up to a point. you have to be wary on some of the leads though. e.g. full rewire , budget £1000. full pir and 3 extra sockets, budget under £100. to be fair though, if you buy a lead and aren't allowed to quote, they credit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.