Discuss App for net solar export in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sln8458

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a 3.9Kw array (13 x Sapphire 300W Black Mono solar panels) on our roof with a Growatt 3600MTL-S mini inverter.
All good and has been working fine since installation in 2018.
However, the system does not give me a 'net' import/export value.

I've been looking for a meter (wifi version) to add via a split CT on the mains feed from out utility meter to the consumer unit. Would need to be Bi-directional.
So far I have found a Hiking DDS238-1 WIFI (D1104), and yes it would need to have it's own enclosure, but the software company for the app say their app does NOT support import/export.

So, does anyone have suggestions on alternatives?
I could replace the inverter, but that would be more expensive than I really wanted to spend (yes I'm tight!)

Thanks
Steve

Hi all,

We have a 3.9Kw array (13 x Sapphire 300W Black Mono solar panels) on our roof with a Growatt 3600MTL-S mini inverter.
All good and has been working fine since installation in 2018.
However, the system does not give me a 'net' import/export value.

I've been looking for a meter (wifi version) to add via a split CT on the mains feed from out utility meter to the consumer unit. Would need to be Bi-directional.
So far I have found a Hiking DDS238-1 WIFI (D1104), and yes it would need to have it's own enclosure, but the software company for the app say their app does NOT support import/export.

So, does anyone have suggestions on alternatives?
I could replace the inverter, but that would be more expensive than I really wanted to spend (yes I'm tight!)

Thanks
Steve
Pretty sure this can be achieved with Myenergi products. If you don't already have any means of diverting excess solar then consider installing an 'Eddi' to feed an immersion heater if you have one. This can then work in conjunction with a Myenergi Hub to provide internet access via their app to show total generation, import, export and excess power diverted. I have just installed a 'Zappi' EV charger which can use excess solar to charge the car and the app shows all the above stats pretty much in real time.

Reply to App for net solar export in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net