Discuss Arching from neutral on stud work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandfortune

Solar Guru
Hi all,

took s load of sockets off on a job and plasterers have been in to take the plaster board off , builder rang me and he says its arching on the stud work from the neutral, going down tomorrow to have a look, lives are out of the RCBO's but earths and neutrals still connected.

you guys give me the best course of action?

cheers

ayjay

Regular EF Member
there is a small voltage between neutral and ground which causes sparking disconnect the neutrals at the c/u

S

Swicade

Always disconnect Live and Neutral from consumer unit in these instances. I'd always put chocblocks (strip connectors) on the open ends aswell just incase some muppet reconnects the cables at some point....i will add within a domestic situation this should be the only use for the good old chocblock as there's far better other methods for jointing cables as a more perminant solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.