Discuss Beko CE 68206C - problem with oven not heating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ajdowson

Hi,

First post, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask such a question, if so if someone could gently point me in the right direction/forum, that would be appreciated.

Our Beko CE 68206C oven has stopped working, not sure the grill works either. The clock appears to be set properly, and the light comes on, as does the fan and the LED showing the oven heating up - but it never gets warm.

Couple of photos from inside the back (with the CB pulled).

Is the browned component the oven heating element? Is it toast? Easy to replace, if so where can I get one? Any tips?

Cheers

James

I fixed my own oven few times and no offence with bad brands they let you down all to often . Mine was flavel range and looked good but disgusting they can sell poo like this .

its very likely the thermal fuse which I can see in that photo. Get continuity tester , disconnect cooker from power and test across the two terminals of the fuse... If you don't know what you at ask a friend who does know this kind of stuff ..

looks like a thermal overload. if so, it should have a current rating and temp. rating stamped on it.

Thanks for the replies, no offence taken, its a total pile of whatsit. I only bought a Beko as I'm on a short term contract in France and needed a disposable cooker - I thought it would last more than 2.5 years though!

I was wondering if it was the thermal fuse - is that the part in circular metal case with the 3 triangles? Is the brown staining the failure of the fuse? It looks different to the replacement part I've found for this unit on the internet, so not sure. As the grill and oven both don't work, this would be a common fuse for both?

I'm no electrician, but an engineer and reasonably confident to fix it competently - if I can confirm which parts to replace. I guess you mean do a continuity test across the two terminals with the white wires, with power off.

Thanks again!

Can you also explain how the fuse works - it seems to have an element that enters to the oven compartment. Is the heating element actually connected to the 2 terminals just visible at the bottom of the photo - these wires are thicker which would imply they take the higher current of the element.

When (temp) would this fuse operate, or is it just related to heat due to load in the electrical parts? Might this be indicative of other issues in the oven?

It is also a pyro oven which can goto 500degC; would it have a special fuse in this respect, or is this irrelevant?

Other photos suggest the part with 3 triangles and browning is actually a motor, for turning spits etc.

Hence is the fuse the smaller part with the blue/white wires?

Tried the fuse, no problems there is has continuity...

Its a much smaller part, than I expected, hence didn't see it at first. Looks identical to the parts on the internet for this model (68206C). But mine seems to be fine, so not that.

Could be elements, but if both grill and oven not working, suggests other common part is to blame. Controller or thermostat?

Thanks for the help so far!

I'm not fluent and able to give you 100% advice. But could work it out if was in front of me.. It wil be 2 wires simple in out. We continuity test would confirm.
Try e spares for replacement part if you don't know where to go local. The brown staining is just the overheating , I seen it on mine as well. Beko Bi-Metal Thermal Cut-Out & Cables | eSpares. Be similar to this

There could be two of them .. Seek and you shall find. Test the stat make and break the circuit with switch , test resistance of elements... With power off .

Many thanks - i=p/u

There is another one:
null_zpse83a129c.jpg

you can just see the two white connectors, centre left of the picture - and this one is dead - no continuity! Result. Looks like I'll be sorted with a 10Eur fix! BUT what could have caused this? Anything else I should check?

PS is the pyro mode on these (500C cleaning) really safe on these? We've never used it - sounds like the whole thing might go up in smoke!!!

thanks for all the help with this. it was the top thermal fuse that had blown.

new one from a suppler in france (where i live) was £20 delivered. i sourced one from scotland for £10 delivered to france.

easy to fit, works a treat and i tried to pyro function which works really well.

many thanks for you help, the advice on here made a confident diy fix possible.

ps only thing i didn't really like is that the fuse itself has no part no. on it. it came in a proper beko bag with numbers etc., but it just feels wrong for a rated part to have no formal markings! the one i removed was identical.

Reply to Beko CE 68206C - problem with oven not heating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net