Discuss Box Cleva products. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone used these things.

Just got a sample pack through and looking at them I don't understand what makes it any more difficult for the plasterer to fill the backboxes full of plaster still? If he wants to do it he'll just rip them out.

Would of thought the idea would of been better if they allowed you fix the socket to the wall with them fitted:rolleyes:

Yoozy boxes allow you to fit the socket front. I've used them a number of times and am quite impressed, they also allow you to make a very neat repair.

I have used them many times. They work really well and leave a clean square finish. But you are right, you have to talk to the plasterer (better still the developer) and ensure they are left in place, they dont work if they are removed!

The plasterer can easily plaster around them although some say they can't, which is rubbish.

A plasterer will see it as easier to just be able to skim his trowel over the back box rather than having to actuelly plaster up to something.

This is the issue I always tend to have. Hence why I can see them being pulled out and binned by them

I dont disagree. But they plaster up to corners, window sills, architraves (when they are just skimming) etc all the time. they can do it and it doesn't take them long to do it. It takes electricians a lot longer to clean out the boxes than it takes them to plaster round the template. Since electricians cost alot more than plasters it makes no sense to carry on doing things that way; thats my point. ..and the finish is much better.

Reply to Box Cleva products. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
the romex wire itself isnt stripped. you just treat it like cat 5. with a "call for a quote" price to buy the tool. I ran into t these in a mobile...
Replies
Views
Hi there - good site. Mrs wants a new socket directly below a light switch on the ground floor (says it will look neater vertically inline)...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Following on from my previous post where I received advice on taking a spur off a 40a feed (thank you). I performed the work...
Replies
Views
A first today. While sober and of sound mind I deliberately purchased some Axiom 45mm dry line boxes. I've found something they will do that...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock