Discuss Brain fart - bonding gas from cylinders in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Does a copper gas pipe, coming into the house require bonding when the pipe is being supplied by propane cylinders, via rubber hose.
Doesn’t go underground at any point.

The water pipe is bonded, and therefore connected to gas at the boiler, which is at the point of entry of the gas…. Can’t be any more than 1m of copper pipe on the gas system.

Customer is getting a company to fit an EV charger, and I don’t know if they’ll be of the ilk that…. “ if it ain’t bonded, we ain’t fitting it” without actually looking at the situation.

I’m also concerned the EV fitters will just run a rubber flex round the house at low level to the driveway… The outside wall being against someone else driveway… SWA more suitable, or am I just prejudiced against EV engineers like I am with meter monkeys.

I wouldn't have thought it would need bonding. I can't see it introducing a potential, with just the bottom of the cylinder resting on the floor outside, though a test could prove either way. Diverted neutral currents shouldn't be an issue either.

I always thought that information such as this, and bonding and earthing locations etc would be useful to have on a label stuck onto a CU, instead of mixed colours labels and the like.

411.3.1.2 (brown) still has the note that says not if a non-conductive entry.

Reply to Brain fart - bonding gas from cylinders in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

evening everyone . Quick question here I’ve recently took over a job that a friend of mine first fixed it’s a 3 bed semi house rewire. I don’t...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon one and all. I, like many non-electricians are having issues regarding the need to have domestic water pipes (plastic entry to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Our cooker is LPG, fitted on the inside of an outside wall if that makes sense. The gas pipe runs internally then through the wall to the...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
One of the oddest jobs I've ever had today. Called by a plumber I know who had attended after a leak through the kitchen ceiling from bathroom...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock