Discuss Cable calculator for Android? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

imago

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes I know it's lazy, but can anyone recommend a cable calculator for Android phones? There are a few available by the looks of it, but a recommendation would be helpful.

I would also like to know if there are any good ones out there.
I have the free megger one, but it is very simplistic and limited. It is however ok for quick on site calcs.

Could be i use samsung devices. But the draka one lets you select a cable type and asks for cable length, istallation metod, volt drop, design current, grouping, 3036 fuses present, fuse rating and nominal voltage so fairly solid information for it to make a calculation on

Hi there,

I've just joined and saw your question appear as a related item to my first post! I have created a cable size calculator for Android as it happens, does the calc in full and checks Zs and performs the adiabatic calc.

It's on the google play store here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electricalengineer.cablesizer&hl=en_GB

If you find it useful please leave a review, if not, please tell me why and I will look into making improvements in it.

Regards

Simon

Suggest you read the forum rules re-advertising.

Sorry Resu, it was an answer to a direct question about cable sizing apps on Android though. Didn't intend to break the rules.

You're alright mate just thought I'd warn you. Newly signed up members advertising within their first few posts is a little dodgy! But in this case it seems justified :)

Reply to Cable calculator for Android? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Im currently in my apprenticeship and completing an assignment that involves cable calculations. Im currently stuck on how to find the design...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm new to Amtech/Trimble and I've been asked to review a model. I'm looking at circuits that are SWA cables using the armour and an...
Replies
Views
Happy New Year all. Quick question regarding cable sizing. I have a 25m run from DB to car charging unit. The 25m run will mean approx 8m is run...
Replies
Views
  • Article
CityElectricalSupply.com (CES) are an electrical supplier across the United States with over 550 branches coast to coast. Here in the UK we...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Just looking for some advice: I'm in the process of updating an old cable calc spreadsheet that helps to spit out Zs and Voltage Drop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock