Discuss Can someone in the know of contracts give me some help? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DomCallear

I'm in the process of doing my underpinning knowledge questions. Most of the questions i'm answering pretty swiftly as i kept my notes well organised from my first and second year. But i'm still missing some sections which i'm not even sure i've been taught, anyway i would like to pick someones brain in order to answer my next question, which is;
"What are typical contract responsibilities? With reference to: agreeing variations to the installation outside the contract, start and finish dates and legal procedures."

Thanks
Dom

I'm in the process of doing my underpinning knowledge questions. Most of the questions i'm answering pretty swiftly as i kept my notes well organised from my first and second year. But i'm still missing some sections which i'm not even sure i've been taught, anyway i would like to pick someones brain in order to answer my next question, which is;
"What are typical contract responsibilities? With reference to: agreeing variations to the installation outside the contract, start and finish dates and legal procedures."

Thanks
Dom

Well, essentially, you have no contractual agreement to do a single thing outside of the scope of agreed or contracted items.

If you then choose to accept to undertake variations, they should be undertaken on the same terms and conditions, and contractual basis as the initial work. They should also be documented and agreed in writing beforehand too.

Start and finish dates are a contractual matter - but in a "timely" manner is the essence of most contracts to supply anything - if no dates are explicitly stated and agreed, you could, theoretically start and finish whenever you wanted of your terms allow for that. However, if you do state a start and finish date without any caveat, and contractually agree that, then you're bound to it, as far as reasonably can be expected - in other words you can't finish a year later than you said you would, and expect that any court would reasonably support the reasons for doing so.

Legal procedures, in so far as they go, are compliance with agreed terms and conditions, safety, and proper process of work.

Questions like this throw me a little, because I can't get my head around taking on work without first agreeing in writing the scope and extent of it - and with that the expectations of both myself and my customer.

Is that the entirety of the question you were asked to answer?

Thank you very much your a God send i could not find any information about this on google it just kept sending me to the most pointless sites ever.
Thanks again and Goodnight

Dom

The last post before you posted sparkie 2 was 5 years ago, if you want to start a new thread then by all means do but I will close this one.

Thread closed.

Reply to Can someone in the know of contracts give me some help? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net