Discuss Catenary Wire mounting pole in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Needing to install a catenary wire across to an out building. Cant attach it to the gable of the buidling as the overhead supply is already taking that position up. So to get the height and to clear the eaves of the building i need some kind of stand of bracket and a pole to attach the wire to.

Anyone got any advice of kits available or what they have used in the past. Don't thing the gear for mounting sat dishes and tv aerials on would be up to the task.

decent aerial brackets with a galv. steel (not aluminium) pole woud do it if well fixed. use 2 brackets, one at bottom of pole and one higher uo to give it rigidity.

Last edited:
Needing to install a catenary wire across to an out building. Cant attach it to the gable of the buidling as the overhead supply is already taking that position up. So to get the height and to clear the eaves of the building i need some kind of stand of bracket and a pole to attach the wire to.

Anyone got any advice of kits available or what they have used in the past. Don't thing the gear for mounting sat dishes and tv aerials on would be up to the task.
May be a bit of overkill but it sounds like one of the sat dish mounting brackets might do you. They make them in various standoff sizes to clear the eaves. Depends how high over the eaves you need to reach. There are stronger ones, these are the budget long pole ones:

eg: Satellite Superstore UK. Ground Stands, Wall Mounts, heavy duty satellite dish wall mounts. High quality low prices

It would depend on the length of catenary and the weight it is carrying. Although designed for working at height it may be worth taking a look at this TAG's Technical Library - Tyrolean Simulator It allows you to alter the load and deflection and gives and indication of the loads applied to the fixings / brackets at each end of the wire. In the past I have used wall mounted CCTV mounting poles for catenaries to provide the strength under load

Is there a distance that any suspended cabling is to be kept from the overhead supply coming into the property?

The only problem in using the wall mounted kind, is that the wire would have to pass through trees due to its position. Using the stand offs and bolting to the front of the building will clear all the trees.

Reply to Catenary Wire mounting pole in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net