Discuss chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

electrician4u, contrary to what you believe, the majority of us on here actually like helping people with genuine problems. The trouble is, this forum is a bit like the workplace... it's all about how you come across to people, and how you phrase your questions. Unlike the workplace, we don't know you, can't see you, and know nothing about you, so it's harder to form an opinion and that makes what one says all the more important.
If someone comes out with a sarky comment when you post something (even if it's meant in jest), then by biting back and insulting everyone you just end up digging a hole. There is no doubt that we can be an unforgiving lot, but when someone holds their hands up and sees what they wrote the way the rest of us see it, then you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge here and many professionals willing to help.
I'm afraid that you have really upset a lot of good electricians on here, and although I'm sure you don't give a damn, it makes this forum a poorer place.

Anything is possible.

No, because you're supposed to know the answer already. That's your job.
Do taxi-drivers have a forum where people ask "How do you start the car and then what"?

You can't label all of them. That doesn't count.

It has to be steel, you know.
RCBOs would be easier. You could use MICC.

No point then.

Why are you so keen on a split load?

No.

If I knew the answer already, would there be any point asking the question? If everyone knew everything about the regs, this forum wouldn't exist.In answer to the split load question, without RCBO's it wouldn't comply

You'd think that after your first thread got closed down after getting out of hand you might keep your head down till the dust settled.
Keep digging that hole fella.

All that proved about the thread being shut down is that the moderator thought you were being unhelpful.Keep my head down-what are you, the forum gestapo?

electrician4u, contrary to what you believe, the majority of us on here actually like helping people with genuine problems. The trouble is, this forum is a bit like the workplace... it's all about how you come across to people, and how you phrase your questions. Unlike the workplace, we don't know you, can't see you, and know nothing about you, so it's harder to form an opinion and that makes what one says all the more important.
If someone comes out with a sarky comment when you post something (even if it's meant in jest), then by biting back and insulting everyone you just end up digging a hole. There is no doubt that we can be an unforgiving lot, but when someone holds their hands up and sees what they wrote the way the rest of us see it, then you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge here and many professionals willing to help.
I'm afraid that you have really upset a lot of good electricians on here, and although I'm sure you don't give a damn, it makes this forum a poorer place.

I can tell there's a hardcore of you out there who spend alot of time on this forum but I gotta say I think you've lost your tolerance of people who don't know the regs inside out. when I joined this forum 3 years ago you could ask a question without getting attacked by all sides.ok, I admit I asked the question wrongly. I should've asked: in a limited space what are my options as I couldn't find any split boards which would fit in the space available.If anyone's upset, I'm just defending myself from this onslaught. I think you're scaring people away from this site by being so aggressive

I can tell there's a hardcore of you out there who spend alot of time on this forum but I gotta say I think you've lost your tolerance of people who don't know the regs inside out. when I joined this forum 3 years ago you could ask a question without getting attacked by all sides.ok, I admit I asked the question wrongly. I should've asked: in a limited space what are my options as I couldn't find any split boards which would fit in the space available.If anyone's upset, I'm just defending myself from this onslaught. I think you're scaring people away from this site by being so aggressive

I can honestly say that the only time I have ever felt "aggressive" on this forum was when a junior (young) member made a "mom" joke trying to be "all that". He later apologised and no hard feelings.
There is no doubt that as a profession we have become less tolerant over the years, mainly due to the influx of "professionals" who have completed a few quick courses and gone straight into taking customers' hard-earned cash with absolutely no knowledge of what they are doing half the time. More often than not they come on here asking how to use a multimeter.
I feel sad that you felt you had to "defend yourself", but as I say, we don't know you from Adam (no offence Adam).
I'm sure that a few apologies to anyone you personally insulted would be reciprocated, then we can go back to business.
This is the best electricians forum for a reason you know :)

I personally think the tolerance has gone as more and more the same simple stuffs getting asked, rather than using the search first.

The problem is that it often appears that some posters are not electricians but DIYers, especially when they don' answer questions regarding their OP's.

After many years of various online gaming forums (especially WoW forums) this place is far far too tame to even compare with nastiness and trolls.

Best thing to do is sitback, chill about then post a reply when someone's got your back up....admittedly i dont always follow my own advice but on the whole it's when you bit back that threads got to ****e.....basically dont give 'em the ammo to load thier guns.

Reply to chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net