Discuss Click Flow Connector in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They are, the fittings are about 35mm I think. Still not seeing this 'gain' though - if someone came to my house and suggested knocking holes in my walls unnecessarily when the cables are already in place (tidily in place I might add - not like there's anything dangling), I'd be pretty dis-satisfied. I see your point about hiding things away etc, but going to all that effort to hide something that someone might see when they fall on their backside at a new year party....

'The gain' was meant in general terms. I was not suggesting you pull the place apart , only explore every avenue to the tidiest job.
Some customers will let you go ahead and do it, then whinge like hell because they are not happy.
The call for suggestions would include saving you grief and giving you an insight as to what some customers can be like.
If you have made them aware that the connections may be seen, and they are fine with that , then all is well.

Call me old fashioned but the little round 20A 4 terminal joint boxes have always worked fine for this, and they even come in white or brown to suit the colour of the cupboard

Still good in the right place, but need to be fixed in place though - no cord grips. Daz

Call me old fashioned but the little round 20A 4 terminal joint boxes have always worked fine for this, and they even come in white or brown to suit the colour of the cupboard

Precisely.

And as for "old fashioned" - unless you can outline a better way I'll continue with the tried and tested.

This is the best way to do it and it will look neat. Just make sure the cable clips you use don't have long nails or else they will may poke up into the cupboard able!

Precisely.

And as for "old fashioned" - unless you can outline a better way I'll continue with the tried and tested.

This is the best way to do it and it will look neat. Just make sure the cable clips you use don't have long nails or else they will may poke up into the cupboard able!

What sort of plank does that !! :angel_smile:

That would be my method of choice too!
Then clip all the cables up out of sight.
Maybe I am getting old..... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're old fashioned, but so am I. The smaller 20a white JBs are very discrete but can be fiddly too.

Reply to Click Flow Connector in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net