Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Cooker switches in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just done an inspection on a house. Recent (6 years) new kitchen. Oven and hob isolator switches are on the wall behind fitted cupboards and pull out drawers. Can't reach the Hob isolator switch and definately can't unscrew the cover. Oven switch is accessible if the drawer(s) are removed.

Whatever I specify the observation its not going to get fixed as it would cause too much disruption. Somewhere in the back of my mind I've read something that specifies the switches should be within 2m of oven/hob, but I can't remember where. Anyone seen this? Next to one of these isolators there is also 2 sockets for the built in microwave and fridge, also difficult to access, but not impossible.

Thinking this is a C2, but this makes it UNSATISFACTORY. This is the only observation(s).

Any comments?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i'd code it as C3. reason being, that there is not a foreseeable danger. isolation can be performed at the CU if necessary. the 2m rule is a building reg. recommendation, not in BS7671.

G

Guest55

i'd code it as C3. reason being, that there is not a foreseeable danger. isolation can be performed at the CU if necessary. the 2m rule is a building reg. recommendation, not in BS7671.
Normally agree with Tel , and his information is correct.
However i work on the basis that if its not covered by bs7671 , no code , but can be commented on.

Just to expand - if the regs dont require the switch in the first place then you cant code it if its in a rubbish place.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
the reason i would code it is that you have terminations which are inaccessible. not just the isolator/s.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys - makes sense what you both say!

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Cooker switches in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom