Discuss Daikin Air Source with JGuest accesories problem?? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

ksd1114

Hi, Its my first post so please bare with me. I have had limited experience on central heatings before but I now have a contact involving air and ground source heating.
I have pretty much first fixed what i believe is right.
a daikin air conditioning unit supply requiring an 18amp supply
A backup heater requiring 26amp supply.
The plumber is adamant it requires only a 3 core and earth link between air con and backup heater. I have wired 2 3 core and earth just incase.
I have wired a 5amp supply to uh3. There is a cable I have run from the backup heater to the uh3 as they must have to talk. There isnt a timeclock as the stats have their own facility. There are 8 zones 3 upstairs and 5 downstairs. I have planned on having one uh3 (supplied by plumber) downstairs almost below upstairs manifold and next to downstairs one extending the actuator cables. There is not a manifold pump required for this set up apparently. All stats are programmable john guest ones. There is not any radiators it is just soley underfloor heating. Can anyone describe how this system works so I can have it straight in my mind? Any manuals talk about lots more field wiring but the plumber who has overseen lots of these set ups is adamant he is right. I am keen to get an understanding as there is plenty more work if I can get it right.

I know its long and rambling but hope someone could advise me if I am right as I don't want to rely on the plumber
Thanks in advance

is this the low temp altherma? it should have connection terminal for hooking a live sw live for the controls into.ive got a LT and HT units to hook up the controls to in the next week and i can see problems already .The HT require a new pcb to be fitted if u want to use third party controls in the internal hydrobox. The LT has connection already.What I've done so far for the LT unit is 1x supply to outside unit ,3 core and earth from outside to inside hydrobox, 1 supply for back up immersions to hydrobox, 1x 2 core for base plate heater link and 2x 5 cores to controls (just in case)the daikin controller on the inside unit is used to set up the system. have u done any training on these? as they can b pretty complex units

yes it is the low temperature version. i am just struggling to understand how the boiler call from the uh3 will turn the indoor unit up? Any ideas?
Cheers

Connection 1 - switched return for heating
Connection 2 - switched return for cooling
Connection 3 - Permanent live out
Connection 4 - Neutral.

Are your external controls volt free?

no the programmable stats are 240v and the return from the air con unit is also 240v, The uh3 obviously controls the underfloor heating but there is also a hot water tank as well

The uh3 will probably be incompatible as the daikin units use the neutral for switching. i.e. in a volt free wiring centre, permanent live and neutral would come from 3 + 4 from X2M, a link would be made from the neutral to the common for each zone stat. and the return to 1 at X2M. The hot water can be controlled from the display on the indoor hydrobox.

Reply to Daikin Air Source with JGuest accesories problem?? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net