Discuss Director dissolving company then setting up new company doing same thing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

is there anything you can do to stop a company from dissolving then starting up again?

the company in question owes me a few £K, but I have had information today they are trying to go into liquidation.

i know this company has a history of setting companies, building up a debt then dissolving then starting up a new company and so on and so on

i currently have a collection company dealing with this, but I'm wondering should i go one step further and get a CCJ against them before they fold the company

they have recently started a new company with a similar name and trading description to their current company

They have money and stock at the moment, this company builds up a debt with suppliers and contractors gets paid then dissolves the company after paying the directors and staff a very healthy salerary. Then puts that money back into a new company and does it over and over again

i was a contractor for a job for their client Ford Motor Car. Some of their other clients include Bristol Airport, Network Rail

then get a judgement while they're still solvent.

The director of a company I worked for was an expert at it, always had a second company running in the background. He would fold the company owing lots of money and the second company would buy the assets cheaply.
I was a casualty of one of the "changeovers" lost my job with a few hours notice and never got a penny of the £3k+ owed in salary & expenses!.

The director of a company I worked for was an expert at it, always had a second company running in the background. He would fold the company owing lots of money and the second company would buy the assets cheaply.
I was a casualty of one of the "changeovers" lost my job with a few hours notice and never got a penny of the £3k+ owed in salary & expenses!.

Is there anything you can do to stop these companies?

YES - THERE IS. I assume that the company is currently a Ltd which is where the problem lies... It's actually very very simple.
1) Look up the actual business on the web search facility on Companies House This will tell you what the actual technical status of them is.

2) If they are not listed as striking for removal (dissolution) then make sure you get a CCJ in quick, then ask the court to secure the CCJ with a Writ (ask me more about that if you need to)

3) If they ARE marked as being dissolved then all you need to do is phone the Companies House standard helpdesk, and tell them that as a legitimate creditor owed money you object to the striking off - they will then tell you what to do (from memory I think you just write / email them a short note stating ^^)

4) Return to 2, repeat as required.

I've now got one Ltd creditor who tried to do a runner on me about two years ago, and I think I'm now on my third objection as each one lasts for six months.

It's even possible (technically) to revive a Ltd Co. once it's actually been dead for up to six months, I believe.

In the meantime..... sounds like you got a rogue on your hands who needs a lesson in life - talk to these boys about getting your money for you: Debt Recovery - Professional Debt Recovery - Debt Collections - Direct Collections Ltd

Hi all

quick update and cry for help, this company has now set up a new company and sold all its assists to the new company.

is there anything I can do?

i worked for company A (not sure if registered or just a trading name) but with instructions to invoice Company B (registered - mother company of A and C and D)

Directors are still the same, website identical but name change.

To throw a spanner in the works Company E pasted me onto Company A in the first place. And Company B told me to invoice Company E and E told me to invoice B

I'm trying to check companies house records but ipad not playing ball

any ideas?

Last edited:
I was told (by one of the creditors) to contact the liquidators. They told me there was not enough money left to pay me anything but did put me on to a government dept. which allowed me to claim for redundancy, obviously the last bit doesn't apply to you but the liquidators should be able to advise you.

Hi all

quick update and cry for help, this company has now set up a new company and sold all its assists to the new company.

is there anything I can do?

i worked for company A (not sure if registered or just a trading name) but with instructions to invoice Company B (registered - mother company of A and C and D)

Directors are still the same, website identical but name change.

To throw a spanner in the works Company E pasted me onto Company A in the first place. And Company B told me to invoice Company E and E told me to invoice B

I'm trying to check companies house records but ipad not playing ball

any ideas?

If you believe that an individual or organisation has deliberately set out to withold payment to you then they have committed an offence under section 4 of the Fraud Act. Suggest you refer to your local police force and lodge it as a crime report. HOWEVER..... be prepared to be told that your claim on its own may not be of sufficient merit to justify the police resources needed to fully investigate. But, what it WILL do is enter the whole shabby bunch onto the PNC (Police National Computer) as having had a complaint raised against them so if they pull the same stunt on someone else then at least they are already red flagged. Another option is simply to play them at their own game and tell them to stump up the cash, plus interest, or you'll be reporting them to HMRC for tax evasion (I've done that as well, and it's amazing how money can suddenly appear). HMRC couldn't give a monkeys about whether the people are limited, sole or superman - they have the legal right and resources to dig deep into bank accounts and get to the truth.

EDIT on the highlight - just re-read your post. If a company is insolvent I believe it is illegal to dispose of resources where assets would otherwise be used to settle debts to creditors. TBH - I REALLY suggest you talk to Direct Collections about this, they are superb at dealing with scum like this - they have some very persuasive 'agents' but are 100% legit and licenced. PM me if you want, and I'll make an introduction for you.

Last edited:
As far as I am aware. You cannot be a director of a company if you have been declared bankrupt. If this is the case then i suggest a nice little call to the powers that be

As far as I am aware. You cannot be a director of a company if you have been declared bankrupt. If this is the case then i suggest a nice little call to the powers that be
You are correct,neither can you be an accountant,among other things.These people are really crafty and legally there is nothing to stop Mr green setting up a company with himself as director and Mr Brown as secretary,run the company for so long,make what they can and build up a load of creditors,then on friday go bump under that name and reopen on monday in a different name but this time it's Mr brown as director.This happened to me at the place I served my time,I was finished on the Friday with only a week in hand and my holiday pay,On monday morning I received a phone call from the new MD asking if I wanted my old job back!Only snag was it was a third less in wages than I was previously getting.I was less than impressed and they received a 2 word reply,the second word being off! Something needs doing to stop these vermin.

I posted a link earlier for the insolvency service who look into these people and will disqualify them from acting as a company director if they think it is justified

Reply to Director dissolving company then setting up new company doing same thing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net