Discuss Diversity / allowance for induction hobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at an architects drawing that's asking for 2 x 45A's, one for an oven and one for an induction hob.

What do we reckon I should allow for the induction hob? It'll end up on it's own breaker anyway as it'll probably need a C or D type, but I'm just wondering what to allow for it as max demand.

Well as far as the drawing goes, if it's part of your contract, then you have to comply with the drawing!!

As for the induction hob, i have i think 8.9KW induction hob and a standard 4.6KW largish oven that is supplied via 6mm cables and a 32A type 2 breaker... Never had a single problem, and we had quite a big dinner affair here the Xmas before last....

Cheers mate, I think in looking at the rest of the construction drawings it'll be required to wire them as two separate circuits, so I'll have to do 2 x 10mm/50A regardless as far as wiring goes, I was thinking more towards the loading as I don't know much about induction heaters apart from the basic theory.

another sausage of an architect that thinks if it says 10kW on the tin, it will pull 45A all day.

Well as far as the drawing goes, if it's part of your contract, then you have to comply with the drawing!!

As for the induction hob, i have i think 8.9KW induction hob and a standard 4.6KW largish oven that is supplied via 6mm cables and a 32A type 2 breaker... Never had a single problem, and we had quite a big dinner affair here the Xmas before last....
Oh are we all invited to the next one the? don,t know about the affair,depends what she looks like but the dinner sounds nice:redface:

another sausage of an architect that thinks if it says 10kW on the tin, it will pull 45A all day.

yeah, agreed, but it's these sausages that also keep us in business, and as it's the guy's own housebuild (Grand Designs here we come...) for the sake of a few £'s of cable which he's paying for anyway, might as well keep them sweet.

Reply to Diversity / allowance for induction hobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net