Discuss DIYer needs help. Lamona built-in oven not heating in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

brieper

DIY
Reaction score
Hello. The built-in oven is not getting hot. I took a look inside and see just one heating element which is at the top. It's a three-pronged one. Is that the only element for both grill and oven? I don't see anything else in the interior of the oven by way of electrical parts. The light works fine. Outside there is no timer, just two dials. Appreciate some help. Thank you.IMG_0061~3.jpg

The element showing is for the grill function only.
There’s normally some way of getting the back panel off the oven from inside, without taking the oven out the cabinet and the element is behind there…. Any visible screws?

Depending on the age of the oven, the screws might be a pain to get out. Need the perfect size pozi driver to fit without ruining the screw head.

If you know the particular oven model number, there are tons of videos on YouTube on how to change the element.

This looks like it might be a convection oven only, and not fan assisted, so the elements might be positioned behind each side panel, if they are removeable.

This looks like it might be a convection oven only, and not fan assisted, so the elements might be positioned behind each side panel, if they are removeable.
I will pull the appliance out to have a look at those side panels. Thank you. I'm learning something new everyday.

Reactions: DPG
The element showing is for the grill function only.
There’s normally some way of getting the back panel off the oven from inside, without taking the oven out the cabinet and the element is behind there…. Any visible screws?

Depending on the age of the oven, the screws might be a pain to get out. Need the perfect size pozi driver to fit without ruining the screw head.

If you know the particular oven model number, there are tons of videos on YouTube on how to change the element.
No visible screws. So it looks like I'll have to pull it out again. Unfortunately, the model number is nowhere to be seen. It's a rental flat and the oven comes with it. It's quite old. Thank you for your help.

Ah… rental flat? Then get your landlord to fix it.

You’ll need the model number to buy the replacement element, if indeed that is the fault.

Sticker just inside the door, or on the back somewhere should have model no.

Side panels I'm referring to are the shelf supports inside the oven. Not clear from the pic if they are separate parts.
Some are held on by screws, other just lift up and off.

Side panels I'm referring to are the shelf supports inside the oven. Not clear from the pic if they are separate parts.
Some are held on by screws, other just lift up and off.
Thanks for that. I was wondering if I was going to struggle removing the casing.

Ah… rental flat? Then get your landlord to fix it.

You’ll need the model number to buy the replacement element, if indeed that is the fault.

Sticker just inside the door, or on the back somewhere should have model no.
I'll have another look for the model number. The landlord nags non stop. I think I'd rather pay a bit of money and sort it out myself if I can. Thanks.

Unless you’re not paying the rent, the landlord has nothing to nag about.

I’ll try not to send this thread into a discussion about landlords and tenants and the good and bad in both of them.

Lamona is a Howdens brand, so they might help with model numbers.

Reactions: DPG

Reply to DIYer needs help. Lamona built-in oven not heating in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net