Discuss Does 48v DC running Into my residence have to be in metal conduit? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ReevesMA

DIY
Reaction score
I have a nickel iron battery I have chosen to put into a shed with Ventilation added for the hydrogen off gassing. I am planning to run the dc from this battery over to the soffit then across an attic space and down into a hybrid inverter that will be in my garage. I am planning to run 4/0 copper through 2” pvc conduit. Is this acceptable? I have been told must be conduit and metal conduit would be best practice but not sure if it would be deemed ok or unsafe.

I have a nickel iron battery I have chosen to put into a shed with Ventilation added for the hydrogen off gassing. I am planning to run the dc from this battery over to the soffit then across an attic space and down into a hybrid inverter that will be in my garage. I am planning to run 4/0 copper through 2” pvc conduit. Is this acceptable? I have been told must be conduit and metal conduit would be best practice but not sure if it would be deemed ok or unsafe.
2 inch PVC would be acceptable for 4/0 wire but installing 90 degree bends makes it a lot harder to pull. Are you using aluminum or copper wire?

2 inch PVC would be acceptable for 4/0 wire but installing 90 degree bends makes it a lot harder to pull. Are you using aluminum or copper wire?
I have the long curved 90 degree pvc bends as well as the sharp 90 with a plate. I will have at least 2 bends but should be ok. It is copper.

I have the long curved 90 degree pvc bends as well as the sharp 90 with a plate. I will have at least 2 bends but should be ok. It is copper.
as long as you can pull it through without damaging it then all is good.
a squirt of washing up liquid can make things that seemed impossible to be quite an easy pull.

Reply to Does 48v DC running Into my residence have to be in metal conduit? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net