Discuss Eicr codes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigbaddave

Recently got the job of performing EICR for estate agent, now there are two of us performing them.

However one property in particular is a property that a member of staff is purchasing and then to rent out in Westerhope. The other spark has deemed it unsatisfactory for the following.

Socket for fridge inaccessible for isolation. Quoting for new socket along with fused spur above the worktop

Cable too small on cooker circuit.. Fed by 4mm cable on a 30a 3036. Its only a feeing a oven not a hob. However regardless of what the load is providing its protected by the 3036 then how can it be deemed unsatisfactory.

Main bond to water correct size but loose connection.

No RCD protection on anything, quote for new RCD consumer unit.

Quote for remedial - £550 + Vat. The above work will deem the install satisfactory.

After chatting to the guy buying the house he only wants the install to a satisfactory condition in order to rent the property out and has asked for a second opinion..

Is the fridge freestanding or built in?
If its freestanding no problem
No rcd not a fail however good practice for a rental property
Loose bonding connection tighten it up
4mm cooker on 30 amp no problem as long as clipped direct and zs is met as far as i can see

Exactly. If every install had to meet the current regs then boy if be rich. Can you install me an outside light. Well I can but your 16th edition installed house doesn't meet 17th. It's £4k for full rewire and that includes outside light.

Amazing how many people seem to think when carrying out an EICR the Installation has to meet current regs.

You mean, amazing how many sparks think they can take the **** out of people unfamiliar with the regs to earn their crust, instead of providing honest advice and getting a reputation for such.

Bigbaddave, think you need to call the validity of this report into question.

About to start wiring 95% of the town I live in because all the cables are red and black, cant be having that! Loose Earth connection, it must have taken him longer to write that on the report than just to tighten it up. Sad

About to start wiring 95% of the town I live in because all the cables are red and black, cant be having that! Loose Earth connection, it must have taken him longer to write that on the report than just to tighten it up. Sad

I did mention that one.. Had a bit of a chuckle with the guy about this.. Mind boggles..

Ha Ha can you imagine the work load if that was the case

Amazing how many people seem to think when carrying out an EICR the Installation has to meet current regs.

Don't be amazed with some guys its like the old traffic warden syndrome get a guy who has never had power before put him in a uniform give him a handheld computer and all of a sudden he feels the power surging through his body.

I have mentioned this before a landlord got a EICR and was told it failed because it was not up to current standards ie no RCD protection so unknown to me he was talking about EICRs and I mentioned that although advisory to get RCD protection it was not manditory he then told me he would be persuing the spark for misleading hime under the trades description act . So anybody reading this be advised if the power rushes through your body watch out because you may have to refund jobs where you have failed

Recently got the job of performing EICR for estate agent, now there are two of us performing them.

However one property in particular is a property that a member of staff is purchasing and then to rent out in Westerhope. The other spark has deemed it unsatisfactory for the following.

Socket for fridge inaccessible for isolation. Quoting for new socket along with fused spur above the worktop

Cable too small on cooker circuit.. Fed by 4mm cable on a 30a 3036. Its only a feeing a oven not a hob. However regardless of what the load is providing its protected by the 3036 then how can it be deemed unsatisfactory.

Main bond to water correct size but loose connection.

No RCD protection on anything, quote for new RCD consumer unit.

Quote for remedial - £550 + Vat. The above work will deem the install satisfactory.

After chatting to the guy buying the house he only wants the install to a satisfactory condition in order to rent the property out and has asked for a second opinion..

No ones mentioned rcd for socket outlets, is it a house or flat? if its a house then Id say non rcd protection of the sockets is a C2, everything else sounds ok, I hope the cheeky sod tightened up the water bond before he left.

No ones mentioned rcd for socket outlets, is it a house or flat? if its a house then Id say non rcd protection of the sockets is a C2, everything else sounds ok, I hope the cheeky sod tightened up the water bond before he left.

So you issue a C2 and fail the property for having no RCD protection and on what regulation do you base this on because you could be sued for misleading the customer

Just to add new cars have side impact bars and air bags does that mean the garage has to fail all the cars that were built before these thing came out Think about it

Id only C2 it if was feasible to feed outdoors o

Really?
And would you recommend a CU change if there was a 3036 board in place?

So you issue a C2 and fail the property for having no RCD protection and on what regulation do you base this on because you could be sued for misleading the customer

First off I wont be sued for giving my professional opinion, and im basing it on the old periodic guidance of socket outlets supplying equipment out doors, although I have seen other guidance that call it as "improvement recommended"

Reply to Eicr codes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net