• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Eicr coding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

9regnac

Regular EF Member
House has singles with Conduit acting as cpc. All fittings are class 2. r2 tested perfect. Code 3?

davesparks

Forum Mentor
C3 = improvement recommended So what improvement are you recommending?

Based on the information provided I cannot see anything that requires a code

rattlehead85

Electrician's Arms
Certainly no code should be attributed to that. Conduit can be used as cpc so long as it tests out and shows no signs of corrosion or damp penetration.

davesparks

Forum Mentor
Certainly no code should be attributed to that. Conduit can be used as cpc so long as it tests out and shows no signs of corrosion or damp penetration.
Plus of course it needs to meet the minimum csa requirement as calculated using the adiabatic equation.

Flanders

Regular EF Member
As all above if good earth continuity throughout then no code .was the IR results ok

Last edited:

rattlehead85

Electrician's Arms
The only thing i will add and have seen so many times is to make sure if the conduit is buried within the building structure any class 1 fittings are securely earth tagged to the conduit back box behind. Seen lots if people fit metal light fittings over the top of the back box and then don't earth the fitting!!

Flanders

Regular EF Member
Yes ive seen yhat too but Should be ok in this case , the op said they were all class 2 lights

mrloy99

Regular EF Member
i think you might need to put a sticker on the DB warning the user not to change fittings to class 1 in the future and an observation on the sheet to the same effect

AndyL

Electrician's Arms
i think you might need to put a sticker on the DB warning the user not to change fittings to class 1 in the future and an observation on the sheet to the same effect
Would only need to do this if the conduit is not suitable as a cpc which doesn't seem to be the case

davesparks

Forum Mentor
Why when there is a cpc automatically present at every point in a steel conduit installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.