Discuss Cpc no continuity on pendants in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
EICR picked up no continuity on cpc on 3 pendants fittings in a grd Floor Flat.
Zs measured @ other pendants & complies.
Different opinions on the coding personally a C2 for me..but others are saying C3 mainly because of the code guidance in code breakers.
I think this statement relates to no cpc in cabling, the circuit above are all Class II fittings mainly pendants & batten holders.
b02b2deb-31f1-4348-bc32-3db01e805935.jpeg

I often come across jobs where the lighting is wired in T&E but the lazy sparks rather than connect the cpc they snip them all out at the switches and fittings.
which is a real fig trying to get just enough on the cpc to attempt to get a joint onto it. sometimes is possible sometimes not possible. Imo snipping all of the cpcs out leave the job in an unsafe state and I would code as C2 as at any given stage the home owner can put up a metal fitting or metal switch

EICR picked up no continuity on cpc on 3 pendants fittings in a grd Floor Flat.
Zs measured @ other pendants & complies.
Different opinions on the coding personally a C2 for me..but others are saying C3 mainly because of the code guidance in code breakers.
I think this statement relates to no cpc in cabling, the circuit above are all Class II fittings mainly pendants & batten holders.
View attachment 113275
That statement isn't relevant as there are cpcs present, Code 2.

Code 2 as well.
It could easily be changed for a class 1 light fitting by DIY Dave. Plus, the CPC's are not absent, they are there and not working.
I've asked the same question a couple of times (slightly different scenarios) in the past. A common area of confusion.

Agree try telling Others… I’ve actually coded C2😎
Do you have a copy of code breakers Cliff? Do you find it worthwhile to have? 25% of me fancies getting one. Although I suspect it'll need updating regularly at a silly cost.

Do you have a copy of code breakers Cliff? Do you find it worthwhile to have? 25% of me fancies getting one. Although I suspect it'll need updating regularly at a silly cost.
Don't sink to that level! Your professional opinion based on your experience is worth a lot more than what the profiteering paint-by-numbers brigade at Napit think!

I often come across jobs where the lighting is wired in T&E but the lazy sparks rather than connect the cpc they snip them all out at the switches and fittings.
which is a real fig trying to get just enough on the cpc to attempt to get a joint onto it.
My latest trick for this....if completely desperate and you have 3 very short cables ....
Make a hole big enough for a quickwire to fit through.
Stick a quickwire splitter on the switch wire, attach a new length of T&E and push into void.
Stick a quickwire switch and load on the loop in and loop out (both same end of adapter), attach your new switch cable, and attach a length of T&E to the load connection. Push that into void.
You are left with one new cable that has a CPC. Make mental note to 10 quid to bill.

Reply to Cpc no continuity on pendants in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net