Discuss Electric window openers.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening All...

New one for me. I'm in the process of wiring up a garden room that has 2 x electrically operated roof windows that also have rain sensors.

Trying to get the spec off builder but a bit slow as usual, need to get all my first fix in place asap.

Anyone else fitted this sort of thing before ?

I presuming I could spur off the lighting circuit, at present all thats on it is 600w AND wiring I'm thinking maybe a 5 core : Perm Live, Neutral, CPC, open, close.

I think I remember on a job years ago we fitted some but they were controlled by remote (that would make things a lot simpler on this job.)

Ant thoughts please,

Many Thanks,

Sy

Last edited:
What make/model are they?

Google for installation instructions for them, you cant guess at these, they might be different for different systems.

If you cant find what your looking for post the make and model on here and I will happily help

What make/model are they?

Google for installation instructions for them, you cant guess at these, they might be different for different systems.

If you cant find what your looking for post the make and model on here and I will happily help

Many thanks, am back on builders case tomorrow

done a few of these in conservatories , you need a fused spur , then a feed up to the control position a 1gang recessed b/box will do. then a 3 core to each motor position. The 1's I have fitted come preflexed with approx a metre of cable, so you will need somewhere to hide your crimp joints or whatever you intend to use. As for the rain sensor you just need 2 cores back to the control position ( a word of warning make sure the rain sensor is fitted with the sensor upwards they dont work as well on a wall ) Yours maybe different to the 1's i usually fit but this should give you some idea hopefully

Last one I did had its own solar panel and battery - no need for a supply all remote, in which case your 1st fix efforts could be wasted.

One before that needed a 4 core - open/close/neutral/earth. (didn't have a rain sensor)

The only type i've worked with, require a 4 core L1, L2 N, E.... L1 and 2 are switch lines L1 is open L2 is close and the neutral common, ...and of course the earth, if not Class 2... Your rain sensor output will obviously connect to L2....

You will need an alarm type cable for the ELV rain sensor . This is connected to the manual operated switch along with the 3 core and earth cable for the 240 v opening and closing operation of the windows , fed from and adjacent switched spur to the control switch .

You will need an alarm type cable for the ELV rain sensor . This is connected to the manual operated switch along with the 3 core and earth cable for the 240 v opening and closing operation of the windows , fed from and adjacent switched spur to the control switch .
think he's sorted it by now, 9 years since thread was posted.

Reply to Electric window openers.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net