Discuss Electrical Engineering Graduate in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You only seem to hear what you want too, i can see you going far as an Engineer, ...Not!!
See thats not the case at all. Maybe if you'd said "Chris, what you're looking at is going to take around two years, as an experienced engineer i recommend you remain focused on what you're doing just now"???

What were you doing before you started at Uni?
I worked in various retail management positions before moving into recruitment (for engineers). When the recession started in 2008 i was in that position for 4 months so was paid off. I then moved into a technical advisory role with o2 which i worked in until 2012 and took a redundancy package as i was already a year into my studies.

I wish I had a chip on my shoulder, it would stop my Metrel bag slipping off when I pick up the toolbox.

What do you think of Metrel, I bought mine in Dec 2012 for the capability to download results to a PC or laptop. It has never worked as I expected given their advertising, and I had very poor service from both the supplier and Metrel with dealing with the issue. To date, it is still not addressed!

My point is that the criteria for success in life should be determined by the individual based on what they genuinely want out of life, as opposed to mindlessly accepting the one-size-fits-all money-big-house-flash-car type definition of success in life that society wants to issue you with.

In many respects i totally agree with you. What i don't particularly understand is why someone would put themselves through all the trouble/time and cost of gaining an engineering degree, and then not making full use it. Just seems a total waste to me!!

In many respects i totally agree with you. What i don't particularly understand is why someone would put themselves through all the trouble/time and cost of gaining an engineering degree, and then not making full use it. Just seems a total waste to me!!

Because we none of us have crystal balls. Not that work, anyway.

What do you think of Metrel, I bought mine in Dec 2012 for the capability to download results to a PC or laptop. It has never worked as I expected given their advertising, and I had very poor service from both the supplier and Metrel with dealing with the issue. To date, it is still not addressed!

Apart from the RCD safe live Zs test taking quite a while, me and my MI3000 have never had a cross word. Never tried anything like plugging it into a PC.

Apart from the RCD safe live Zs test taking quite a while, me and my MI3000 have never had a cross word. Never tried anything like plugging it into a PC.
the biggest issue with connecting any device is loading and getting the drivers to run properly in windows.

ive had all soughts of trouble trying to get things to run and spent a lot of time in device manager and using other tools to try to fix it

What issues are you experiencing? If it's downloading to a pc what leads are you using and what os?

Reply to Electrical Engineering Graduate in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net