Discuss Electrical Safety First campaign in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

richy3333

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Yet another load of garbage being thrown out to the general public, along with yet another sticker that no-one will take a blind bit of notice of!!!!

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody serious, that these money making quangos can look at anyone in the face without smiling and declare that a guy which was stacking shelves at Tesco's just 17 day's ago, can be registered with any of these Part P providers as being electrically competent!!!

It's a bloody farce from start to finish, and time they were ALL kicked into touch by the fully qualified and experienced electricians....

Edmundsuns have probably added this on the basis that most sparks will use local "trade" counters, whilst most DIYers will probably use sheds and the internet!

I call this self interest over fact!

it can be done by boycotting the scams, but so far it seems only trev and myself seem to want to act.

it can be done by boycotting the scams, but so far it seems only trev and myself seem to want to act.

You looking at how much beer £600 will get you?

I have to say that I would happily leave my chosen membership, but customers, building control and said membership scheme scare me in to thinking I will get no work or security from going alone. Also getting work registered via my local building control is not at all obvious and seemingly expensive.

Any Electrician that can demonstrate their competency via their industry recognised qualifications, and ideally backed up by at least a couple of years experience. They shouldn't have to join any quangos set up to prove said competence it's already there in black and white. So long as those that require to do so, have all the required insurance covers in place before taking on any work....

Now i'd like to see how a fully qualified and experienced electrician being brought to book for not being a quango's member can be prosecuted for not being competent would work. The only people that i can think of, that would ever need to be registered with these scam providers, would be the 17 day whizzes and the Electrical Trainee's that they are responsible for bringing into this industry in the first place. I wouldn't mind betting that you'd be hard pushed to find a properly assessed competent electrician/person amongst them. Oh and i do mean ''Properly Assessed'', i don't mean the farcical assessments that the scams are peddling on right now!!!

Any Electrician that can demonstrate their competency via their industry recognised qualifications, and ideally backed up by at least a couple of years experience. They shouldn't have to join any quangos set up to prove said competence it's already there in black and white. So long as those that require to do so, have all the required insurance covers in place before taking on any work....

Now i'd like to see how a fully qualified and experienced electrician being brought to book for not being a quango's member can be prosecuted for not being competent would work. The only people that i can think of, that would ever need to be registered with these scam providers, would be the 17 day whizzes and the Electrical Trainee's that they are responsible for bringing into this industry in the first place. I wouldn't mind betting that you'd be hard pushed to find a properly assessed competent electrician/person amongst them. Oh and i do mean ''Properly Assessed'', i don't mean the farcical assessments that the scams are peddling on right now!!!

my thoughts exactly. afaik, no spark has been prosecuted for failing to notify work unless said work has been unsafe and/or lead to injury,death or fire.

Fancy standing for PM next year? ;)

Reply to Electrical Safety First campaign in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net