Discuss Equipment for measuring the flow of current in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drew1000

Does anyone know of any equipment that could be installed on my dad's PV system that would close a switch (or operate a relay) when generating and feeding back to the grid and drops the switch/relay out if it is not generating enough to feed back to grid. Thanks in advance

If I could set this up I would be able to use what is being generated during the day to say heat my water but if I was not generating enough it would trip out and stop me from usingmy normal supply therefore keeping cost to a minimum and only heating the water when generating. Hope that makes sense

Have a look at the central heating section on this forum as there are several different ideas for using the immersion as a dump load utilising Pv

I am looking at the same use. But I tend towards the school of thought that says I only use £100 of gas to heat my water pa and therefore making this pay is difficult.

Cool Power Products make a device called EMMA. It costs c.£2k installed and is therefore unlikely to payback in less than a decade or more.

SMA are launching Sunny Home Manager in 2012 which will control sockets over Blutooth

Reply to Equipment for measuring the flow of current in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Having a challenge understanding the concept behind why when you measure across line and neutral (live circuit) using voltage indicators we have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views
I have a customer that has 3 heating mats under the tile. This was installed a while back and a relay was used. I measured a 21 amp draw for all...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this is my first time using a forum so please don’t criticise to much. I recently done by EESS course but I didn’t actually find it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock