Discuss evening class 10 weeks v one week full time in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gotta be a solid week for me every time you concentrate on it all day and go home and do it fresh next day,
Or work all day and have a week in between to forget it all
But only my opinion

Evenings allows you to carry on working during the day .

Plus doing it over a period of time gives you a better chance of it all sinking in and is a better test of your true knowledge at the end of it.

Don't forget the whole point is to learn this stuff for good, not just for long enough to pass the exam then forget it.

Gotta be a solid week for me every time you concentrate on it all day and go home and do it fresh next day,
Or work all day and have a week in between to forget it all
But only my opinion

Absolute rubbish

you spend the week mulling it over and making sure you understood it all.

it was never meant to all crammed in in one week! Ask someone that took the 2391 in the 90's before all this cram course peddling

I'm sure I learnt a lot more on my 2391 by going once a week for a whole term. It gave me the opportunity to read up on the stuff which perhaps didn't sink in on the night, and we also had "homework" which we were encouraged to complete. It takes discipline to create the time to do all this and carry on working/living, but I'm sure you get a better understanding by taking your time.

I did the Design & Verification course as 4 lots of 2 days, with 2 weeks in between each session - same reason.

I passed both exams 1st go, and I reckon I still remember most of it so for me at least it worked!

Evenings allows you to carry on working during the day .

Plus doing it over a period of time gives you a better chance of it all sinking in and is a better test of your true knowledge at the end of it.

Don't forget the whole point is to learn this stuff for good, not just for long enough to pass the exam then forget it.

All you hear about this course is how hard it is to pass. i'm wondering what is the pass rate with those that take the time study over the 10 week course as opposed to the all done in a week. Might be a good bit of research to be had here too, like giving the Cert holders a test say 12 months down the line, just to see who has retained the knowledge and who hasn't!! lol!!

I fully agree with dave here, it's the course learning and it's retention that is the important thing, not the fact you only need a short term memory span to gain a bit of paper.

10 weeks for me too. It gives a much better chance of retaining the knowledge rather than cramming everything in and hoping for the best. I did 2391 over a term and was given loads of past papers to do so you got used to the way questions are formatted and the quality of answers expected. Doing it in a week, you'll be repeating things parrot fashion.
I know a guy who did it in a week and he duffed the exams

Might be a good bit of research to be had here too, like giving the Cert holders a test say 12 months down the line, just to see who has retained the knowledge and who hasn't!! lol!!

Alright, you're on. I'm sitting my 2394+2395 on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. If over the next year anyone "connected" with C&G can get hold of a past paper (and answers) and knows what the pass mark is/was for those papers, then we can do this in a year's time if you like?

I'm taking the "cram it in over 4 days" course, for reference. My guess would be, if I use it, I won't lose it.

I fully agree with dave here, it's the course learning and it's retention that is the important thing, not the fact you only need a short term memory span to gain a bit of paper.
Fully agree with you both. :)

Reply to evening class 10 weeks v one week full time in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net