Discuss Eversolar TL4000 inverter get data to pc and other questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevineaton

-
DIY
Reaction score
hi i hope you are well.

i have an Eversolar TL4000 GB inverter -

1)id like to hook it up to my pc so i can get a graph of output per day - i dont need wireless as its directly next to my pc - i notice it has a serial port on it
a) is it possible to get a serial cable and plug it direct into my pc?
b) what software would i need ?
c) if not, what options do i have please?

2) im getting 21kw per day recently (on the lovely sunny days we have had!) out of my 4kw system (16 x 250 watt et solar) - is this considered good?

3) my inverter makes a high pitched whining noise when it gets over about 3 Kw - its unbelievably irritating and i think its screwed - thoughts please!

thanks very much for your time and help

cheers

kev

Last edited:
I have some limited experience with Eversolar inverters so may be able to help.

1) Did you get a Solar Bee transmitter and Solar Eye monitor? The Solar Eye looks a bit like a car Sat-nav system. You can insert a memory card into the Solar Eye and transfer data to a PC for analysis. It's a bit of a faff doing it every day but once a week may be ok. Eversolar are not great in this respect so we tend to use them for customers who aren't that tech-savvy. If customers prefer funky gadgets etc, other inverters are preferable although I believe Eversolar plan to catch up in this area.

2) 21kWh sounds pretty reasonable for a 4kWp system. It sounds like it's performing correctly.

3) We've never had a problem with noise from Eversolar inverters. Does it have adequate ventilation? It should have something like 25cm clearance on all sides. It's probably getting quite warm when running and if it's near a PC and other devices that's not going to help keep it cool.

Last edited:
I have the same inverter but i think the serial port is for software upgrades only.I also have the solar eye and it is ok if you just want to get the data maybe every month so i got a optismart current cost setup on the meter and that works great for realtime logging to pvoutput.

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I havent got a solar bee.

Interested in the meter based one though..does it work with all meters? Im assuming you mean the generation meter.....how much was it and where do i get it please?

Also how much is the software?

As for the inverter...it only squeals when the sun is bright. Litetally if a cloud passes by it will stop squeaking. Its well ventilated so i dont think its that.

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I havent got a solar bee.

Interested in the meter based one though..does it work with all meters? Im assuming you mean the generation meter.....how much was it and where do i get it please?

Also how much is the software?

As for the inverter...it only squeals when the sun is bright. Litetally if a cloud passes by it will stop squeaking. Its well ventilated so i dont think its that.

Thanks for your help!

just put optismart into amazon mate,you would need to check compatibility on the currentcost website for your meter make.Its the transmitter,monitor and bridge you would need to do live data feeds.

HI, I have an eversolar in my house too but no data logging devices, Just looked at what you suggested on amazon, its about £65 for the 3 parts, optismart, netsmat and connecting lead, does this sound about right? So with this i can then automatically upload to pvoutput?

Cheers

Reply to Eversolar TL4000 inverter get data to pc and other questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net