Discuss Failed 2395 (yes another one) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jic89

I've just had my results back from the august 2394/5 exam and found out I've failed the 2395 written part. Was expected as I have very little testing knowledge at all and got nominated by my company. My main question is how long do I have before the 2395 practical gets wiped and I have to do both parts again? Thinking about maybe having a year or so to gain some more knowledge before I retake the 2395 written. Also what does having the 2394 allow me to test? My company solely do new installs and I'm wondering really what legal status I have. To test these? Many thanks.

An electrician can inspect, test and issue a certificate for his work without the additional qualifications.

Need a bit more info though. Where are these new installs? Domestic? commercial?....

Commercial mainly, our company is lacking testers and we usually sub it out so we tried to get some of our sparks (Ie me and a few others) through 2394/5 which hasnt proved too succesful, we must all be thick :D

But having passed the 2394 I was wondering what I "could" effectively test and inspect without being an approved electrician (need 2394/5 I believe) with all our jobs being new builds.

having the 2394 goes some way towards proving your competence at the initial testing of new installations.
however , by your own admission , you dont have to experience to back it up.

although your companies plan to just shove everyone on a course and hope for the best is plain idiotic.
i'm not surprised you all failed the 2395 , as periodics require a higher level of inspection knowledge.....
though you wouldnt think it reading some of the dumb topics that get posted on here
;-)
you really need to work alongside someone adept at testing for a while to show you the ropes , which is why your company is better off just hiring someone already with the skills to train the others.

Reply to Failed 2395 (yes another one) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net