Discuss Feed-in Tariff via British Gas in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Solartrench

Quick question, has anyone here applied for the feed-in tariff with British Gas via email? and how long did it take for them to process?

Varying times. From a few days to a few months.

Or you may find your application has been sucked into the British Gas black hole which has swallowed up a good few of our applications in the past.

This is what i fear!

I will give them a call in a few weeks, I have had an automated response so they should have received the email.

Fingers crossed.

The Eligibility Date - which is usually the date they received the application

Eligibility date for new sites is defined in paras 5.1 - 5.16 of this document: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...-5.2-july-2013

this is an important clause:
"5.5 Receipt by a FIT Licensee of ‘a FIT applicant’s written request for MCS certified registration’ means the receipt of the FIT applicant’s personal information (including name and address), the installation’s MCS certification and physical location, and must have been signed. This would constitute sufficient information to assign an application date."

i.e not ALL the documents or even correct declarations need to have been made to establish the application date / eligibility date for the appropriate FIT rate, irrespective what various FIT providers may claim....

Upon application you will be asked to write down the current meter reading, so any energy generated prior will not be paid I assume.

Correct, they want the meter reading on the day they receive the application, so you will usually get a note requesting that, or a phone call to that effect, previously they used to allow 7 days grace, not any more..

Stands back and takes a deep breath. As part of our service I complete the applications for our customers. So I do three of four per week. British Gas give me more problems than all other put together.

I've taken this from the British Gas website right now: "Feed In Tariff payments can only be made from the commissioning date if completed applications are received within five working days of this date via post. If you choose to return the application to us via email the application needs to be completed and returned on the date the installation was commissioned. If you are unable to return the application on the commissioning date, a reading must be provided to us on the date your application is returned"
I suppose the important thing to remember is that the 20 years start from the date the energy company register your system.....so you will not loose out.......

Final confermation email received yesterday! :clap:

We’re pleased to let you know you’re all set up and ready to start getting Feed in Tariff (FiT) payments for the energy you produce.

Overall fiddly but a speedy process.

Reply to Feed-in Tariff via British Gas in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net