Discuss Few items needed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eskimo39

Can anyone point me to where I can buy plastic/clip on cable markers?? I have used 3M tape in the past but looking in the 'Show us your installs' section am very impressed with the markers used on the last few pages.

Do you need a special crimping tool or do they just clip/squeeze on?

Also can anyone name the nails used for oval conduit? I have used clips similar to saddles in the past and also the sprung clips which attach to the wall first but just been on a job and the previous sparky had used nails which were a flat triangular shape with a bit of a hook at the top. Looked a lot quicker than drilling and clipping.

Cheers

Sounds like a crampet to me, I use to use them for holding round PVC conduit in the chase, on new build they would stick out too far me thinks. The cable markers could be critchley they are rubber and don't need a tool but there are some available to get them stretched over the cable. have a google have a feeling I've spelt it wrong lol. I have seen the oval clips you describe but can't for the life of me remember who stocks or makes them

Edit re read op

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean this kind of thing? Otherwise Rhino professional label printers can print just about anything onto heatshrink, although at around £150 they're a bit expensive.

I always thought crampets were somewhat old-skool - I've only ever taken them out of installs. For small oval conduit you could use large flat cable clips which should hold the conduit in place without the need for all the drilling, plugging and screwdriving.

Can anyone point me to where I can buy plastic/clip on cable markers?? I have used 3M tape in the past but looking in the 'Show us your installs' section am very impressed with the markers used on the last few pages.

Do you need a special crimping tool or do they just clip/squeeze on?

Also can anyone name the nails used for oval conduit? I have used clips similar to saddles in the past and also the sprung clips which attach to the wall first but just been on a job and the previous sparky had used nails which were a flat triangular shape with a bit of a hook at the top. Looked a lot quicker than drilling and clipping.

Cheers

I use the round slip on ones and they come in a kit with all the letters and numbers etc, slide them on before crimping the ends on, and heat shrink down, they do come in different sizes as well.

Cheers.......Howard

Reply to Few items needed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net