Discuss Fire Aarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,

You can see why they didn't want to show their face in that video, it's a rubbish install; and they must have gone to a lot of trouble to get all the accessories at different heights.

Regards.

It`s a great video nasty.....as most pointed out, heights incorrect, wrong fused spur, no cable protection etc.....But the most disturbing, is the mounting of a detector direct onto a beam. Allowing smoke to fill the above ceiling space, before reaching the detector. This is the difference between early warning, and adding vital time to a system

So I asked them why it's been done the way it has and they've responded claiming it was the only possible way because of multiple beams. The different heights are so that no one can confuse a break glass and a light switch.
Some load of old guff like that anyway.

So I asked them why it's been done the way it has and they've responded claiming it was the only possible way because of multiple beams. The different heights are so that no one can confuse a break glass and a light switch.
Some load of old guff like that anyway.

What a ridiculously response...
First class muppet

A little knowledge can be dangerous......I find it hard to explain sometimes on here, as every situation can have different standards, prime ones are flats above shops. They become part 6 mixed with part 1 ....high raised flats above 20m ...members ask why no fire alarm......why is 75db not required in hmo when part 6 says it should....risk assessments and building control all have logical reasons, and it takes a lot a years to get to grips with the logic

Ive just posted to it ... Tazz might correct me here but said BG is sited incorrectly as its likely to be pressed trying to turn light on, as the panel is close to door I said a B/G under the panel would have been more suitable... im genome616 btw.

Last edited:

Reply to Fire Aarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net