Discuss Fire Aarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hold on Ill check my privacy settings on there....

Nope all ok there says posted 15mins ago... have you refreshed the page?

Last edited:
Ive just posted to it ... Tazz might correct me here but said BG is sited incorrectly as its likely to be pressed trying to turn light on, as the panel is close to door I said a B/G under the panel would have been more suitable... im genome616 btw.
We have to cover exit routes so common sense comes in all these situations.....if there is a possibility of pressing the call point instead of a light switch...then a lift up perspex cover should be fitted....this is very commonly used in schools, colleges and commercial premises. The idea here...if you lift the perspex cover, then the only reason would be to activate the fire alarm.

Down to a risk assessment again....a mcp with cover maybe requested to have break ties fitted.....this is used to prove and document a call point has been activated....just another method of false alarm prevention

We have to cover exit routes so common sense comes in all these situations.....if there is a possibility of pressing the call point instead of a light switch...then a lift up perspex cover should be fitted....this is very commonly used in schools, colleges and commercial premises. The idea here...if you lift the perspex cover, then the only reason would be to activate the fire alarm.

Fitted these covers in a office exit as no real alternative siting ....was just curious as to sticking that BG under the panel in the vid as its still next to the door and nothing in my recollection says you can't, still easily accessible and not looking crap but up to a light switch.

Pretty sure would another be a cover which has encased the whole MCP and when fascia of case is opened sets a small high pitch alarm to alert others for false alarms or preventing of false alarms...

Felix Moran just said "Please, in the future put as much effort into finding excuses for not making dangerous videos as you do excusing your shoddy wiring"
Wonder if that one will be allowed.

Fitted these covers in a office exit as no real alternative siting ....was just curious as to sticking that BG under the panel in the vid as its still next to the door and nothing in my recollection says you can't, still easily accessible and not looking crap but up to a light switch.
Sensible question....if close enough to the exit...or within the exit route...then yes...but the idea is would a person exiting the building use the mcp...a design must ensure this is an option. Being placed on a door exit would expect this

Think I will start doing videos on the real install.....starting with cad design...then sitting around the consulting table in meetings....the install on site and the then commissioning and handover.....could be an epic...lol

If there was some sort of commentary explaining what was being done and why I'd say fair enough but all that's being done is some cables appear through some holes and the seem to terminate themselves. Any bloody idiot can do a video like that.
Chris Kitchener manages to explain things fairly well in his "how to" testing films so why can't this muppet?

Reply to Fire Aarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net