Discuss Flat Fire Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jon Hodgson

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys just looking for a bit of advice on this or if someone can point me in the right direction of where to find the information I'm after.

I'm quoting for a set of 2 Flats and I'm wondering if I need to interlink the alarms together and if so the best way to do it.

Construction of the flats is timber frame with a mixture of a brick skin exterior and a rendered finish. There's no communal access 1st floor flat is accessible via an exterior staircase. With no communal access there isn't a landlords supply either.

Any help would be great

thanks

Aico 3000

1shortcircuit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fire alarms or Heat/smoke detectors?

J

Jon Hodgson

Well as they are self contained I was thinking smoke and heat alarms like a standard domestic install would be ok, but its the first set of flats I've been asked to do so I'm a little uncertain

1shortcircuit

Well as they are self contained I was thinking smoke and heat alarms like a standard domestic install would be ok, but its the first set of flats I've been asked to do so I'm a little uncertain
Fire alarms installations need to be designed, installed and certified by a competent person. Not just anyone can do it, totally different to fitting heat/smoke detectors ;)

:thumbsup

J

Jon Hodgson

Bad terminology on my part there.
So what would be the suggestion here? Get a Fire Alarm system designed for this or that a smoke and heat detector setup would be ok?

Or point me in a direction of where I can get some more information.

Thanks

polo1

polo1

-
Arms
From your original post, there is no common or shared fire escape route, so my understanding is that the standard, standalone smoke/fire detection in each property is all that is required.

It looks like a new build, so the design spec must already have been approved - check with the planners/Building Control.

On a related point, remember that the ceiling of the ground floor flat will be creating a fire compartment, so if you are considering downlights........:cheesy:

Regards.

J

Jon Hodgson

Fortunately there not going to be many and I only fit fire rated since I can get a reasonable deal on them.

The design is being finalised atm permission has been granted but there are still a few bits being sorted on the plans.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Flat Fire Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom