Discuss Fluke 2042 or? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

eserem

-
Reaction score
Hi
I have been working for a company for a few months, which only runs iecr and remidial after iecr, I often do 4 iecr a day or 2 large remidials. I often have problems locating cables for bonding, dead cables, broken cables and walled junction boxes, they make me waste a lot of time and often I have to opt to run new cables. I have seen some videos of fluke 2042 and it seems to be very useful to follow the cables under track even at 2 meters away, but I often read bad reviews and then it has been on the market for many years.
Is there anyone who used it? or someone who uses a different competitor? do these devices work well or do they sometimes cause problems?
Thx for your patience and take care.

if you are doing 4 EICRs per day, i can't see that you are doing a thorough job. 2 a day would be pushing it on even small installations.

if you are doing 4 EICRs per day, i can't see that you are doing a thorough job. 2 a day would be pushing it on even small installations.
1 / 2bedroom flat with 5/6 mcb’s. When you have done pfc, ZE, end to end at ring, earthloop at the end of each circuit and inspect ccu and the house for problems, what else do you want to do? It is obvious that the first few days I did 1 or 2, but now I am able to deepen quickly, I also have 15 years of experience in civil and industrial installation. Did you answer the post because you have a suggestion to help me or did you just want to spam? Thx for your time in any case.

1 / 2bedroom flat with 5/6 mcb’s. When you have done pfc, ZE, end to end at ring, earthloop at the end of each circuit and inspect ccu and the house for problems, what else do you want to do? It is obvious that the first few days I did 1 or 2, but now I am able to deepen quickly, I also have 15 years of experience in civil and industrial installation. Did you answer the post because you have a suggestion to help me or did you just want to spam? Thx for your time in any case.
Eserem do you not carry out any dead tests except your rfc testing?

Eserem do you not carry out any dead tests except your rfc testing?
Of course
I do aswell r2 test at all class 1 equipment and appliance, I do earth loop at each socket, polarity test, R1,R2 + ZE with off peak, PAT test when required ecc...
I’m not stupid, these is not a discussion on how I do my job, if you want we open a discussion dedicated to this. Please answer here only to help me solve my problem and maybe to someone else with the same problem.

OK. maybe was a bit abrupt with previous post.how about the Mastech Tracker as a trial. the
fluke 2402 costs a fortune. this is similar but a fraction of the cost and won't break the bank if you find it'snot as usefulmas expected.

Source URL: Fluke 2042 or? - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/fluke-2042-or.188593/#post-1644166
flhttps://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Tracker-Network-Telephone-Underground/dp/B00PADUPK2/ref=pd_sbs_469_3/138-2287127-1205509?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00PADUPK2&pd_rd_r=3aaf4638-ff62-4297-8bcc-112b79bc7a14&pd_rd_w=LGOfP&pd_rd_wg=PaojN&pf_rd_p=bdc67ba8-ab69-42ee-b8d8-8f5336b36a83&pf_rd_r=XJ1MAP8PPWF3MYNH355D&psc=1&refRID=XJ1MAP8PPWF3MYNH355

OK. maybe was a bit abrupt with previous post.how about the Mastech Tracker as a trial. the
fluke 2402 costs a fortune. this is similar but a fraction of the cost and won't break the bank if you find it'snot as usefulmas expected.

Source URL: Fluke 2042 or? - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/fluke-2042-or.188593/#post-1644166
flhttps://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Tracker-Network-Telephone-Underground/dp/B00PADUPK2/ref=pd_sbs_469_3/138-2287127-1205509?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00PADUPK2&pd_rd_r=3aaf4638-ff62-4297-8bcc-112b79bc7a14&pd_rd_w=LGOfP&pd_rd_wg=PaojN&pf_rd_p=bdc67ba8-ab69-42ee-b8d8-8f5336b36a83&pf_rd_r=XJ1MAP8PPWF3MYNH355D&psc=1&refRID=XJ1MAP8PPWF3MYNH355
Thx, the price is not a problem, I was buying the 2042 fluke which costs £ 600
The Mastech that you suggested is better than fluke?

i can't say, never having used either. however, if i was in the market for one, i'd do some research, check any reviews. could always contact test-meter ( a forum sponsor ). they are very knowledgeable on all sorts of test gear.

i can't say, never having used either. however, if i was in the market for one, i'd do some research, check any reviews. could always contact test-meter ( a forum sponsor ). they are very knowledgeable on all sorts of test gear.
I see online but I did not find anything safe or honest reviews and for this reason I asked in the forum.
how can I contact test-meter? From the banners below, I can't find it.
Thx very much

Reply to Fluke 2042 or? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net